Fly Tying
vicrider

Let's start the Year thinking small fly swap

Yes guys, the flies were darn nice throughout. I had a 26 parachute and an 18 beadhead if I remember right and the 18 in that bunch looks like a bass fly. Great job to all who participated and we only had one no show and others definitely made up for it.

10 hours ago, vicrider said:

Sure would be great if you could get some pics for us.

I'll get some pics up in the next few days, and once again, I apologize for the mess of strings. 

I was anxious to get them out to you on time, and those stupid stringed tags were the only option I could think of when the small zip bags were gone.  Must've been a good month for the heroin dealers around here.  

Niveker, what works good for almost all size flies is small tags from scrap or leftover foam. I just take a sheet and slice it into a bunch of tags ready to go. Will look forward to your getting us some pics if you get a chance.

Thanks, vicrider, I'll try that next time.  

Here’s the best I can do with these little guys.  I’m afraid my poor photo skills don’t do them justice.  

IMG-20210302-201103-cr.jpg

Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

- johnw1986 (Micro-bugger), stabgnid (BH Nymph), Niveker (Stewarts Spider in Olive-18, IOBO Humpy-18), DarrellP (GRHE-22)

- RickZieger (Midge Pattern x 2), Woodenlegs (Jujubee-18, Black/White-18), cphubert (Starling Wet-18), Mikemac1 (Iridescent Starling & Purple-18)

- Sandan (BWO Parachute-22), Fishing Bob Nelson (Griffith Gnat, Black Gnat), Troutguy(Dry)

- vicrider (Parachute, Parachute, BH Soft Hackle, BH Soft Hackle)

From one swapmeister to another you had some fine looking flies in that swap!  Thank god I found my microscope!

Kim

They shipped the day I told you I found them hiding. Got a # here somewhere JIC. Should be there in a day or two.

29 minutes ago, vicrider said:

They shipped the day I told you I found them hiding. Got a # here somewhere JIC. Should be there in a day or two.

Got them today, thanks! I was trying to track my number, come to find out tgey put a new one on it

2 hours ago, cphubert said:

I received a very nice set, Nick, thanks for hosting.

And thank you for your gift. Nice to be thought of once in awhile. People on these boards are a very generous bunch for the most part.

Got mine today.  Great flies.  Impressed.   It made me realize I am not a tail-water fisherman.