Fly Tying
McFlyLures

Sometimes even slow days end great!

Bass fishing at its best for a small South Texas fly fishing stream. This was a great day. However it started kinda slow. Lots of walking, searching for fish with no success. But I moved to another little creek, and wow was that an amazing day! Some really nice bass and sunfish. Honestly one of the best days ive had in a long time fishing! Maybe I am finally starting to figure out how to fish this area, or maybe it just was a good day. Either way, I hope more days like this are in my future.

Looks like some nice water there Shawn. I've had some slow days myself, been out locally the past 2 days in a row and not a single fish to hand. So looks like your slow days are a lot better than my slow days right now 😁

"Some days you get chicken; Other days you get feathers." Been there.

"The worst day fishing is better than the best day working." Glad I retired.

Good and safe fishing for all.

5 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Looks like some nice water there Shawn. I've had some slow days myself, been out locally the past 2 days in a row and not a single fish to hand. So looks like your slow days are a lot better than my slow days right now 😁

Oh man, sorry to hear no fish for you.  That’s rough.  Hopefully it improves soon.  Yeah around here it’s not bad.  I still miss Colorado fishing but, this isn’t bad at all.  

4 hours ago, skeet3t said:

"Some days you get chicken; Other days you get feathers." Been there.

"The worst day fishing is better than the best day working." Glad I retired.

Good and safe fishing for all.

Yes I agree.  For me though fishing is a bit of work though,  but enjoyable work.  Haha!  

Most of my days are slow days. If they weren't there would be no such thing as great days. when the shad run starts in the spring I'm usually blanked the first few outings  then we start catching a few and the next few trips we will start catching a bunch and then it starts to taper off. Than we repeat the same process for striper where I might catch a catfish or one striper for a couple trips but sooner or later we start catching a half dozen to over twenty before they start tapering off to catching nothing again. Then we switch to flounder and bass and pretty much repeat the process. The unknown and the anticipation  is what makes fishing enjoyable. 

Nice video and a nice day of fishing.