Fly Tying
flytire

Frozen Pipes! Arrrrgh!

12 minutes ago, mikechell said:

And the riff raff is HAPPY to oblige !!!  😄

But you're doing a terrible job of keeping the cold up there with you.  When I went out to get the paper this morning, there was this film of white-ish stuff on the vehicles.  It was hard to the touch, cracked a little if you tapped it hard, and felt like ... ice ... cubes ... from ... the ............ FREEZER! 

It was FROST, wasn't it?  Now I understand why I had to run back inside before my bare feet got any colder.

Man!!!  I am done with winter!!!  Come on SPRING !!!

Did they close down all the schools and government offices? Are the iguanas falling from the trees?

Trivia- A friend worked at Miami International Airport. One "winter" day, he was called outside. It was snowing! However, when the flakes got about four feet above the ground, they melted.

Live in Louisville, KY where it never got above zero for a month in 1976-77. Didn't see pavement in front of the house until March.

My parents saw some light snow in south fl. In the 70’s I think. But yes, it melted as soon as it hit the ground. Mike we had light frost in a few places this morning. Supposed to get around 34 tonight. But don’t worry. We’ll be back to the 80’s by Friday. Saturday shows a high of 83.  I don’t mind the frigid 40’s and love the cool weather for a little bit. But just for a little bit. 
Mark, our iguana population isn’t as bad as palm beach and Miami, so it was safe to keep school open here. 😁

On 2/1/2021 at 3:35 PM, cphubert said:

not used to seeing water lines that shallow anymore

You made me check the local regulations. Lol No less than 12 in and must be below the permafrost line.   I’m 👍 Our ground never freezes here 90 miles north of Miami.

My mother once found the frozen pipe in her house in maine when it let go while she was standing below it.   I had to chuckle a bit,  but frozen pipes are no fun.   Although seeing my mother soaked with frozen pipe water was quite funny at that time.

1 hour ago, caloosa bug said:

You made me check the local regulations. Lol No less than 12 in and must be below the permafrost line.   I’m 👍 Our ground never freezes here 90 miles north of Miami.

Ours is four feet down.

No iguanas this for "north" ... yet.   But the squirrel's were sticking to the bird feeder pole when they dared each other to touch their tongues to it.

Oh yeah. My sympathies to all who experience the frozen pipes problems. Living up north in first a single wide and then a double wide I had plenty of experience with pipes frozen but only once had a major bursting problem. It was the single wide and we were out for a weekend and furnace quit. Came home and even toilet was frozen. Got water coming back to house again and spraying everywhere underneath trailer. Started tracking the splits and fixing them one split at a time. Had fixed 3 or 4 and had wife turn water on again. Water spraying everywhere and quit right there. Hauled water in for rest of the worst cold and showered at friends houses for a couple of weeks. Finally got back under there, tore off a bunch of the cheap black crap they put under old trailer houses and turned on water. ONE MORE split to fix and it was done. I got pissed and quit one split line too soon. 

The worst we've had here is having to leave cupboard open with space heater blowing in in bathroom once but otherwise never a problem down to -8, the coldest I've seen here yet. This house is only on a crawl space foundation but is boxed in well and temps just don't drop to those levels very often.

16 hours ago, mikechell said:

No iguanas this for "north" ... yet.   But the squirrel's were sticking to the bird feeder pole when they dared each other to touch their tongues to it.

That's too funny. I bet someone could photo-shop that.

I can relate to ya... We have been living in a camper a few years now... frozen water is a common issue for us.