Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MuskyFlyGuy

Mike, how is your weather?

Not quite as bad here but not too far off. Its 19f right now. Gotta go out and blow/shovel the snow in a few mins, we got about 4" more on top of the 3" we already had. The only good thing is I usually do not only mine, but also my two elderly neighbors, but looks like someone bet me to doing their today, so I'm not complaining about that :)

I think even Mikey is gettin down into the 40's at night down in Fl right now. Bet he is loving that 😁

Snow.  Highs in the mid minus 20C with wind chills approaching -40C for at least another week.

I’m 3 hours south of Mike. We had ice on the windshield and light frost yesterday morning. 81 this afternoon.

Whaaaaat...? What is this frost you speak of, Caloosa?

Seriously, I have worn a sweater these last three days only because it probably was my last chance. I could easily take twelve months of this weather. You guys up north can have our South Florida summers.

Born & raised in Ohio and lived in other places that were really cold. I'm talking about over a month that the temps never got above zero and a winter that had 54 inches of snow. Apologies but I'm not a Florida fan. If I sweat while walking 65 feet to the mailbox, it's too hot.

1 hour ago, Bimini15 said:

Whaaaaat...? What is this frost you speak of, Caloosa?

Yep. Had to hose the windshield off and wait before leaving in my truck. Yard was white and crunchy. We get a little cooler here inland sometimes. Damper air too

NO frost this morning ... thankfully.  Frost was heavy yesterday, though.  Even pulled a layer of ice out of the bird bath.

It's 7:24 ... and about 75 outside right now.  THAT is what I love about Florida.

😝

Last nights low at my house -38C, with windchills approaching -50C.  Haven't seen it this brutal in years.  Truck hardly started this morning.  Not expected to warm up for another 7 days.

I had to come home early from this fishing trip due to weather. I ran out of propane in the motor home (for heat) nobody fills propane below -20 F here. It was 28 below. First time ever I had to call a fishing trip due to weather.

I read the worst is yet to come for folks up north, while folks down south will be up to 20 degrees above average. Sounds nuts.