Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mybadhabit

Allen Volant series rod

I am looking at purchasing a new 5 wt rod and am looking at the Allen Volant series, does anyone have any experience with these rods?  Or the TFO Axiom llXX?

Thank you for your help.

Blane

Not familiar with the AV rod. Is it a custom rod? Have cast a few TFO rods and they are great rods. Lefty Kreh has a series of rods for TFO. If you are going custom, I know of a top builder whom I consider one of the best.

I have experience with a Midwest Custom 10' 5 wt. euro rod that I would highly recommend. I like it so much I gave my 9' 5 wt. to my nephew. 

2 hours ago, cphubert said:

I have experience with a Midwest Custom 10' 5 wt. euro rod that I would highly recommend. I like it so much I gave my 9' 5 wt. to my nephew. 

That's the builder I was referring to. Steve is a great builder. Look at his website gallery. It is impressive that he has built several rods for repeat customers.

Allen Volant isn't actually a person's name. Allen is the place a lot of you guys have heard of before I'm sure, Allen Fly Fishing. And Volant is a series of rod that they sell.

Thanks Steve for the clarification, I thought most of the guys on here had heard of Allen Fly Fishing by now.  They have a huge following when it comes to hooks, but I also know that they have some pretty good rods and reels also and wanted to check to see if there were any recommendations by any members.  I get to put the 3 wt you made me a couple of years ago to some good use this summer in Colorado.