Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Back at it

Finally getting back where I want to be health wise again. About 9 year ago I made some changes in my life and dropped 180lbs going from 400lbs to 220lbs (I'm 6'5" so that's a good weight for me). I've managed to keep most it off, but about 2 yrs ago after Tracy died I slipped into a pretty bad depression for a bit and went back to my old habits, and put about 40lbs back on. So 50 days ago I said enough is enough and got back to work on living life right again. Weighed today and I have managed to lose 23lbs in the past 50 days. Still have 17lbs more to get back where I want to be, but should be no trouble hitting my goal by spring and maybe even drop an extra 10 on top of that.

Print yourself some gremlins to chase you around the house ... that'll take a few more pounds off !!!

Glad to hear you're looking after yourself again.

1400 calories 6 days per week, as well as limiting sugar, then an "eat day" of about 2,800-3,000 calories on the 7th day. Also try to get time on the stationary bike down in the shop between doing things. Only do 5 -10 mins here and there, but it adds up and gets the metabolism going.

20 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

About 9 year ago I made some changes in my life and dropped 180lbs going from 400lbs to 220lbs (I'm 6'5" so that's a good weight for me).

Impressive!  That's like losing an entire person, no small feat unless you have the Siamese twin thing going on.  Even then, it's big load to shed.  No doubt you'll achieve the current goal and probably just extended your life by more than a few years.  

Being fat's great in the cold, but if you're not already feeling the absence of it's wonderful insulating properties you certainly will.  Gotta dress warmer now, at least that's been my experience.

Way to go! Last year I wanted to drop 20 lbs and ended up losing 27 lbs in 2 months. Went from 235 lbs down to 203 lbs which is what I weighed when I started my career. Not near as much as you but it still takes one heck of a commitment to keep it off. I did it by cutting out bread, lunch meat, soda, rice and pasta and walking between 4 and 7 miles every night. Now I usually walk between 3 and 5 miles a night to keep the weight steady. It's easy but it's a life style change and a commitment. I can't tell you the last time I had a cheesesteak. I mean a real Philly cheesesteak. One wiz wit.