Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

Gunz

This thread is for my next favorite thing from fishing. Guns. This thread is for any gun related stuff. Memes, cursed gun images, technical stuff, ect. 

I'll start. This is the gun of 2020:

4chn61ddp6b01.jpg

And if you are wondering what a cursed gun image is, you asked for it...

See the source image

My favorite rifle.  There's a lot of people who don't like it, but my rifle range score (50, 100 and 500 yards) of 296 out of 300 is my reason to love it.

assault-rifle-M16A1-models-military-M16-

My favorite pistol.  Got my Dad's, that he brought home from WW2.  I've never shot it, but it's just the best looking pistol, ever.

Luger%20P08%20DWM%20Pistol%2002.jpg

@mikechell Those are nice guns! I like AR 15s because they are so versatile. You can hunt all the kinds of deer, and plus furbearing animals like coyotes. The glock 23 will be my go to pistol for concealed carry when I turn 21. It is small, but powerful at 40 cal. I can use it for defense against wildlife and human attackers.

First pic is my latest gun/build. Pardner pump 12g with shortened barrel, tactical hunting rear adjustable synthetic stock and matching front pistol grip. Picatinny mount with LED light on pressure switch.

fAN6b6A.jpg

2nd pic is some of my long guns. By far my favorite is the lower right rifle. It's a Winchester Centennial 66 which is a 30/30 lever action rifle with heavy octagon barrel and walnut stocks. That gun was given to me by my father before he passed and it was originally a 2nd anniversary gift from my Mom to my Dad in 1966. I'm the only person to have ever fired that gun. I have no kids of my own but I have it in my will to be handed down to my Nephew when I pass on.

OJMAjue.jpg

3 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

First pic is my latest gun/build. Pardner pump 12g with shortened barrel, tactical hunting rear adjustable synthetic stock and matching front pistol grip. Picatinny mount with LED light on pressure switch.

fAN6b6A.jpg

2nd pic is some of my long guns. By far my favorite is the lower right rifle. It's a Winchester Centennial 66 which is a 30/30 lever action rifle with heavy octagon barrel and walnut stocks. That gun was given to me by my father before he passed and it was originally a 2nd anniversary gift from my Mom to my Dad in 1966. I'm the only person to have ever fired that gun. I have no kids of my own but I have it in my will to be handed down to my Nephew when I pass on.

OJMAjue.jpg

After I get out of the air force i am going to start gun building it seems cool. Those are some nice rifles. Nice fish on your wall, too!

Shucks I’ll join in.   Few of mine...needed outa the safe and a rub down and inspection...

03 Sporterized ‘06 Springfield 

Model 100 Winn 308

Ruger1022 

M&P 15-22 SW

Pistols

RG 23  22    pocket trapper

Colt MarkIII Lawman 357 Mag

Shotguns   Oops pic is upside down

Browning Belg Mag 12

Rem 1100 12

Rem 1100  20

Condor 3” OU 12  (Ducking in the salt/paddle)

F2ED841D-33A1-409B-84F5-CB8004921D67.jpeg

0F528C38-8BDD-4621-9F85-E755CF7B449F.jpeg

My latest project. This gun started its life as a Ruger 10/22. I replaced..The factory stock with a Magpul x-22 Hunter stock. I replaced the factory barrel with  Kidd innovation 20 in Bull barrel. All of the retention pins have been replaced as well as the magazine release lever.I have a Kidd Innovations 2 stage trigger group on the way. If I decide to get a new receiver, I will have replaced the whole gun and can rebuild the original 10/22.

IMG-0699 (1).jpg

MD I got me 2ea  24 shot magazines for my 1022.  ( McGyvered together with tape). Makes for fun plinking.   I also have regular 3x9 Tasco rifle scope not the typical little small bore one.  Accurate rifles are what’s fun   

Little note: When at a gun show tying to find a 1022 years ago, I became aware of my inability to get a background clearance.   Never bought a gun from a dealer.  Can’t figure out the problem but if you Google my name there’s a bunch of criminals with my last name.😳WTF!!!

Anyway while I waited for 2 hours for the dealer to get my clearance I continued looking and found another rifle.  The guy said I’m not a dealer I’m an individual so no background check needed.  I paid him and as I passed the dealer, forget it buddy.  That has changed in some places now I believe. 

Gun laws are different in the states but the only place a gun is registered is where you bought it.  There’s no federal registry.   Guns don’t kill people, people kill people...

The 1022, 2 pistols, and 12Ga double CoachGun under my bed are not locked up for immediate predator control 2 or 4 legged 😜

C8C0BB3C-41A1-4F7F-9893-347937BCF6BA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, denduke said:

MD I got me 2 24 shot magazines for my 1022.  Makes for fun plinking.   I also have regular 3x9 Tasco rifle scope not the typical little small bore one.  Accurate rifles are what’s fun   

Little note: When at a gun show tying to find a 1022 years ago, I became aware of my inability to get a background clearance.   Never bought a gun from a dealer.  Can’t figure out the problem but if you Google my name there’s a bunch of criminals with my last name.😳WTF!!!

Anyway while I waited for 2 hours for the dealer to get my clearance I continued looking and found another rifle.  The guy said I’m not a dealer I’m an individual so no background check needed.  I paid him and as I passed the dealer, forget it buddy.  That has changed in some places now I believe. 

Gun laws are different in the states but the only place a gun is registered is where you bought it.  There’s no federal registry.   Guns don’t kill people, people kill people...

Interesting. Knew of a fellow who didn't even have a traffic ticket but the shop had to put his background check through three times before it was approved. BTW, the shop had known him for years.

The SCOTUS, July 1968 before the Gun Control  of 1968 in December 1968 was passed, determined a person who is guilty of a felony isn't required to register a firearm. This would violate their rights under the Fifth Amendment of self incrimination. No background check is needed to steal firearms.

Way years ago in UK and maybe even Canada they passed a compulsory gun registration law.  What that did was make all gun owners felons if their guns weren’t registered.  I won’t ever forget that news reel showing even vintage shotguns in England being sawed apart/trashed...😳

1 hour ago, denduke said:

MD I got me 2ea  24 shot magazines for my 1022.  ( McGyvered together with tape). Makes for fun plinking.   I also have regular 3x9 Tasco rifle scope not the typical little small bore one.  Accurate rifles are what’s fun   

The 1022, 2 pistols, and 12Ga double CoachGun under my bed are not locked up for immediate predator control 2 or 4 legged 😜

C8C0BB3C-41A1-4F7F-9893-347937BCF6BA.jpeg

I have a couple of Butler Creek extended mags for the 10/22 and hate them. They just dont feed well at all. I ended up getting a couple of BX-25 Ruger Extended clips and they work EVERY time Fortunately, don't have to worry about clearances to purchase. I'm a CCW holder in my state and you can go in and purchase without a background having to be run. I added an Athalon Talos 4-16X40 scope to the 10/22.  It's a tackdriver out to 150-175 yards with the milspec dots and the bullet weight compensation settings

As far as home protection, I have a Glock 17 in the bedside table and a handgun secreted in about every room between our bedroom and each door. Pity the fool that breaks in if I'm home.

Wow what a 22!!!!    Wished my son in law when he gifted me the lil AR style 22 this Xmas woulda got a 223 or 308.   Heck of price difference prolly, shucks.  Great thing about those is the rails for mounting lights, etc.  Fad in the MS Delta is shooting hogs at night with infrareds...

D0F79566-43E4-439C-B534-E441A6D3B01E.png

I've got an Armalite AR in .223. Those are some really fun guns to shoot. Those little .223 slugs will tear some stuff UP. I'm headed to the farm behind the house tonight with the AR for some Coyote Control. All the mama cows are dropping calves right now. Gotta go back and protect all those little veal cutlets.😎😎

Yeh calving time you can here the packs howling at night around here lately.  Are you calling the yotes or still hunting?   Way years ago l had a shoe string cattle operation (15 head).  Had black&tan hound rabbit hunting and she came running outa a thicket squealing had 2 yotes chasing her.  Bounced one.   Used to see all colors yotes; brown, black, mottled. Killed a black one with a white blaze on its chest.  Hesitated until I saw the “foxy” tail .👍.  The pelts are off color not saleable.  When we caught one in trap back then the “fox pastures” guys would pay $100 for one if his foot wasn’t mangled.  Started putting chain springs on  and rubber lined jaws on traps.  Had a noose pole puttem right in a cage.   Wifey could even do it😳

I'm calling for the most part. Most of the ones I've seen around here are the grey/brown variant. Only killed a couple back there so far, but one was at 150 yards at a dead run. Dropped him in a pile with an old Sako .222