Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

Second annual Fun with Foam swap. MAILED TO SWAPPERS

Thanks.  Sorry you had the problem and I hope all is OK.

Kim

We all have times when life interferes.  He let me know he was going to be late due to some life stuff.  Anyway I thought he was sending them, but I guess not.  They are packaged and going out today.  Sorry for the delay.  For future swaps I will send them out within 3 days of deadline date.

The flies are great!  Johnw1986 included some foam for everyone.  There are going to be two extra sets.  I am sending them to Nick Szabo for a Reel Recovery donation.

20210514_100651.jpg

On 3/17/2021 at 10:41 AM, DarrellP said:

hormones

Mine were 7/24/365 in the olden days. 366 in Leap Year.😈

Been scanning the photos. Keep me in mind for next year. Do they all have to be the same or a mix of patterns?

26 minutes ago, skeet3t said:

Been scanning the photos. Keep me in mind for next year. Do they all have to be the same or a mix of patterns?

Normally you tie one of the same pattern for each person (usually 12) in the swap.  Then you get one back from each person.  Each person gets at least 12 flies, some tie an extra, some send little gifts, etc.  Watch for a swap to join and read the rules.

Flies look great and a nice variety!  Thanks again for hosting and I'll keep an eye on my mail!  Now I have TWO good things to look out for.  Just got a call from the transplant center that they have a letter from my donor's family for me.  I just passed my 5 year anniversary with my kidney and this is the first contact I'll have with them! 

The weathers nice and the birds are chirping - I guess it'll be a pretty good day!

Kim

Okay, I'm looking at that one on the far right that looks like a version of a Crease Fly. I'm thinking that's nice but why the big orange belly? DOH...toetag.

4 hours ago, vicrider said:

Okay, I'm looking at that one on the far right that looks like a version of a Crease Fly. I'm thinking that's nice but why the big orange belly? DOH...toetag.

You mean I was supposed to take those things off before I fished em!

Kim

Figured the orange foam would make for good hi-vis indicators. I have more orange foam than I know what to do with!

On 5/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, DarrellP said:

We all have times when life interferes.  He let me know he was going to be late due to some life stuff.  Anyway I thought he was sending them, but I guess not.  They are packaged and going out today.  Sorry for the delay.  For future swaps I will send them out within 3 days of deadline date.

The flies are great!  Johnw1986 included some foam for everyone.  There are going to be two extra sets.  I am sending them to Nick Szabo for a Reel Recovery donation.

20210514_100651.jpg

Mine is missing from this photo 

Steve-stabgnid

Just now, stabgnid said:

Mine is missing from this photo 

Steve-stabgnid

Yours were sent out.  I don't know how I missed getting one for myself.

I also sent Steve-Stabgnid's pheasant flies out with this swap to those who were in that swap.  I am remodeling a house and living in it.  I think the Stonefly swap will be my last to host for a while until I get some chaos reigned in.  Steve, I apologize that I keep messing up.  You are an amazing tyer that I look up to as someone I admire and learn from.

Had so much foam in my mailbox that it started to float!  Thanks for all the fine ties my friends and thanks for hosting a fine swap Darrell!

Kim