Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
denduke

AK Salmon flys

Thanks Kiddo.   Facing disappointment on my trip.   Chinooks/Kings outa season.   Coho/Silvers big question Mark??? Maybe some Chums and Pinks.   Sockeye are later on.   Now Dollys aren’t around but Grayling. RAINBOWS!   Maybe better bring some big salty stuff and some wire for some Pike in the lakes.  Hope the jet boat trip and float trip on the Willow will work out better than it appears ☹️   Denali tourist here I come...☹️

Guy said there was a pink dry fly that was killer for Grayling.  Missed the name.  Did search and decided on my version.  Found some real short deer hair on base of a bucktail and after a chennile body decided on wraps of foam strip, deer hair wing/tail.   Oughta float well down below film some and skate it along and maybe not be pushed away as the lil mouths strike.👍   The one I found had CDC wing and a pink dubbed body w/white hackle, no tail....Snip off my tails...

D6BA0450-B914-457F-AB51-FEFADF24941E.jpeg

7BFD5EA4-0036-4F2C-9525-028A7C72A585.png

cohos like everything you tie. chinkooks are challenging on the fly rod. coho are easier to catch

Max and Taylor, on our trip, couldn’t get a rental vehicle in Anchorage.   All booked up for July!!!😳.   But there are individuals that rent “Yuya” , I guess.  Kinda like Uber....New to me....

2EA645CA-0004-4E6D-A880-8590462501F5.jpeg