Fly Tying
Li'lDave

I miss swaps

Hi all.

Just checking in to say I'm around....  haven't obviously participated in swaps for a while....

Postage between Australia and US has become quite hit and miss in the kast 12 months....

Just in case though....  would love for those that know me and have friended me on Faceless book to track me down if they think there is something i might be interested in.

Have been on a bit of a swing fly / shank fly kick of late, and tubes have also started to peak my interest.

Take care everyone.

55 minutes ago, Li'lDave said:

Postage between Australia and US has become quite hit and miss in the kast 12 months....

Postage inside the US has become quite hit or miss in the last 12 months.  I've had faster delivery times from England than from a town a couple of miles away.

You could always start a swap.

Hey Li'lDave!   I hope all is well with you down under.  Fires and other ... issues ... have been hitting Australia pretty hard as far as our news coverage up here tells.

Li’l Dave,

Welcome back!  How about a virtual swap where you join an existing swap and post a picture of your fly and the SM posts a picture of the swap flies. No flies sent back and forth to Australia, but it would get you more active on the forum. 
Tom

I believe that FlyLife offers swaps and they are in your backyard.  I'd love to see your ties here but at $15+ EACH WAY for postage I do understand how limiting postage headaches are!  Plus, figuring how to cover the return postage (last I checked the US postal system frowns on Australian stamps being used on items leaving the US!  And International Reply Coupons are not as available as they were even 10+ years ago (US stopped issuing them back in 2013).  I hope you get to fill that swap fix of yours!

Kim

To board members who have been cyber friends with Li'l  Dave for many years now I'd like to propose we outfit Dave and his Down Under friends with some real American flies to get his Aussie fish confused. I know he like crabs, bendbacks, salt water flies. I don't know what shank back flies are (bend back?) and as for tube flies I sold all my tube fly accessories but have some left from swaps I'll never get wet. I do have some crabs and saltwater streamers on hand I would put in..

Here's the deal. You send me a fly or two between now and April 16th and I'll package them up and send them to Dave on my dime. He has overpaid me on every Christmas swap and included great boxes so I can give back some of that and let him know the Yankees love their Down Under Friends. I am going to post this under a new heading of the "Swap you won't get anything back" and see what we can drum up. Some of the flies should be able to go in regular envelopes and save on shipping to me.

Nick

Li'l Dave glad to hear you are still kicking been a while. Hope all is well at home and in North Queensland.

Still around.

We're a big country Mike but yes, the fires, floods etc have been pretty hectic over the last 18 months or so..    most recently floods....  But We're doing ok...  internally we havent been hit so hard by the 'other big issue'

@WWKimba  flylife does offer swaps, however the organisation and variety generally has nothing on what we can get out of here when the forum is going well.  I have generally used paypal for most of my swaps and those other swappers who have sent US dollars in swaps I've hosted has generally meant I have a few dollars lying around to put in an envelope....

@MuskyFlyGuy...  I like that idea.  I'll have to see how I go....

PS...  first tubes...  and a couple of velcro crabs from the vise today (for you @vicrider

20210402_115454_20210402160202922.jpg

20210402_131331_20210402160113856.jpg

9 hours ago, Li'lDave said:

@WWKimba  flylife does offer swaps, however the organisation and variety generally has nothing on what we can get out of here when the forum is going well.  I have generally used paypal for most of my swaps and those other swappers who have sent US dollars in swaps I've hosted has generally meant I have a few dollars lying around to put in an envelope....

I know what you mean, there is another site that I joined in the last year as well as a site that I joined years ago that was more of an on-line magazine site with a forum but the couple who founded that site have died and it's now just the forum.  Each of these sites are having trouble drumming up swaps.  One because I guess they had some problems with swappers as well as a couple swapmeisters that dropped from the face of the earth so things soured and my old site is just dying on the vine without it's leaders input/support.

I am glad that this site is so active.

Kim

I would be willing to be the US Host for a swap,  Everyone could send their flies to me, I would send one package to Li'l Dave.  He could sort and send one package back to me and I could forward them to everyone that joined from the US.  If there were Aussie swappers they could just send the flies to Dave.