Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

The swap you won't get anything back

I saw somebody asked Dave if he'd fished his fly yet. I should mention that for a Christmas swap I sent Dave's package first thing in December. After writing if off as forever lost lo and behold it showed up in February if I remember right in absolutely perfect shape like it had just left my house. So only the mail overseas will know when or if Dave ever gets his package from us. We can only hope. After all, it's all downhill from here.

Nick

I'll let you know when I see it everyone.

There are so many flies over the years that i have received, and not yet fished.  But some I have....

There was a black shrimpy thing from a flats swap that got a cool ozzie tarpon...  and a Shannon's streamer from Rich netted me one of my first ever sight cast bream.

Woolly buggers from another have caught numerous tarpon and sooty grunter......

The last Christmas swap flies I received are in a box that head with me every chance I get, but condition's haven't been quite right....  

And I found a couple of tubes that will get fished sooner rather than later too.

Thanks again.

Much love everyone. 

Still waiting? Here's a tracking # the PO gave me but it doesn't offer a lot of encouragement. If it's correct package just finally made it to Chicago Distributing Center.

LH139298795US

on 10 May the package was cleared and waiting international departure from Chicago.  And we haven't heard anything since.

Dang it. I saw the thread lit up and your name on there and was about to let up a big cheer. I'm beginning the think the Postal system is having real problems. A couple of weeks ago I sold and sent a fairly expensive fly reel to Japan. I warned the buyer I cannot be responsible for it after leaving our shores but now I don't know if it has even left our shores yet.

Maybe they are catching a Cubs game or two before going overseas!  One warning, like me, my flies don't age gracefully! 

Kim

Haha.  It's  all good.  I periodically check on them just to see....  They will get here.  Eventually.

Now this is aggravating. I sent an expensive fly reel to Japan  on 5-24. Just got notice from buyer package arrived safe and sound and loves the Fin-Nor reel. I sent the package to Dave on 4-29 and still no sign of it getting close yet. For some reason it seems like mail between here and Down Under takes longer than anywhere else. On a board I'm on where more expensive rods and reels travel all over the world Australia brings the biggest complaints.

Good news everybody.  It left Chicago on 15 June!  At this rate they might get here before I get pack from Western Australia in 3 weeks time.