Fly Tying
flytyingperson

favorite category of flies

what is your favorite category of flies?  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I favorite fly for aesthetic reasons are the mayfly patterns....fishing flies...I would have to go with streamers (since poppers aren't a choice).

Nymphs for tying and fishing only because most of my fish come on nymphs or attractors. Drys produce few fish but the shear visual enjoyment is hard to pass up.

Couldn't vote either. For tying my favorite is the last fly of an order! Recently I've been tying a lot of traditional wet flies and "modernising" them. For fishing I tie a lot of still water dry flies. The fly of the season has been the Bibio Sedgehog, if it hasn't caught the fish it has drawn the fish to the other flies on the cast.

Cheers,

C.

I voted nymphs. I have been tying now for 3 years and find them to be varied enough to be interesting, materials realtively affordable, and fun to fish.