Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

*chuckles* I'm in danger

5 hours ago, TIER said:

@Poopdeck I actually try to do that every day, but sometimes you need to take a step back and work another section of the body. Doing it every day is actually pretty bad for your body.

That may be but the military is going to run you all day every day. 3.75 miles is what you will do before breakfast. Maybe the Air Force is different, they always said it was but I don't know.  In fact I remember we were never allowed to walk until after passing rifle qualifications which was about 4 weeks in. Many young men in the prime of their life flunk PT tests so don't take it lightly. 

Run the 6 miles, fish a bit, then run back.  If you're using a bicycle, get your heart up to over 120 beats a minute, then keep it there.  If you're not breaking a sweat and breathing hard, you aren't getting much of a work out.

Riding a bike by just pedaling enough to get somewhere (pedaling and coasting) isn't actually doing much, exercise wise.

Biking and running aren't strength training.  You can run everyday without injury, as long as you're doing it correctly.  It IS high impact, if you're just stomping along ... which is the easy way to run.  If you're placing your feet, instead of falling forward onto them, it is lower impact, more difficult and a MUCH better exercise.

Keep at it, your definitely doing the right thing, getting in shape, whether you end up in an academy or not.

Wow. wow wow wow wow wow. WOW. I am impressed with myself. Yesterdays run was at 7:29, and todays would be around the same, but I realized something. I wasn't literally wheezing at the end of that run. I've got into "Not too shabby" shape, and I forgot what it felt like to push myself to the limit. So I decided to run really fast to see what would happen. I thought I would get around 7:00-7:10, but no. I hit my stopwatch at the end of my run, and yes, I was basically wheezing, and I looked at my watch in amazement. I had 6:45! Getting closer to the standard of 6:29!

Well done.  Practice harder than you plan to perform ... always.  If you're looking to run a 6 minute mile, you should be trying for a 5:30 mile.  Glad you realized you weren't wheezing and pushed harder.  That's the only way you get better, faster, stronger.

Congrats on beating the 7:00 minute mark.  There's no reason to ever run that slow again!