Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Perdigon Fly - Blue Holographic

Perdigon flies are pretty simple flies to tie, yet very effective. They are tied on jig hooks with tungsten slotted beads to make it swim hook point up. They get hung up on the bottom less often, and also are very heavy and sink quickly. Great flies for fishing euro nymphing style, yet also work great as a lead fly to get other smaller flies down. Best of all, most perdigon flies can be tied very quickly, and therefor you can bust out 15-20 of them in an hour and fill a box in an afternoon.

21 hours ago, skeet3t said:

Fingers get in the video and block part of it.

You must be talking about the part where I was showing the bead and what orientation it should sit at.  I’m guessing you turned off the sound and didn’t hear me talking on it.  I can see where someone might think nothing is happening and my fingers are in the way there.  

Good video and great photography to show detail. Is it supposed to imitate any particular critter? I'm thinking the bend in the hook and the bead make the point ride upright. Thanks.

On 4/24/2021 at 10:06 AM, skeet3t said:

Good video and great photography to show detail. Is it supposed to imitate any particular critter? I'm thinking the bend in the hook and the bead make the point ride upright. Thanks.

Yes it rides point up.  Well actually i recently watched a video from tightlines that shows nymphs don’t ride hook “down” or “up” but rather forward and backward.  Jig flies ride backwards, and therefore snag less often.