Fly Tying
WWKimba

The Ark Swap - FLIES MAILED

As the animals went on the ark, two by two.

Lets do a swap of 2X2's - these are patterns that use 2 materials and take 2 minutes to tie - Oh, and they catch fish!  For this swap you can start with a hook, tying thread, wire (lead or otherwise) or bead, bead chain or cone heads/eyes so your pattern is properly weighted.  Anything else you use counts as a material!  Any pattern that uses 2 materials or less can be used for this swap.  

Registration will go until May 31st and the flies are due by June 30th and has a total of 12 openings with a minimum of 6 to hold the swap.  Do not forget your toe tags, SASE and swap box with at least your screen name on it.  This swap is open for fresh water patterns and tyers of any and all abilities and experiences are welcome to join.  If you are new to swaps and/or tying please send me a PM and let me know so I can do all I can to make this a fun, learning and successful experience for you.  I'm retired and check this site at least once a day if you have any questions or concerns.  And I do believe in the premise that the ONLY dumb question is the unasked one!  So feel free to PM me anytime.

Thanks for considering this swap.

Kim

1- Woodenlegs - American Pheasant Tail - received

2- vicrider - Two Feather Wooly Bugger - received

3- fishingbobnelson - Black Ant - received

4- niveker - Snowshoe Hare Emerger - received

5- John1986 - received

6- mkresio -The Flamingo Fly- received

7- jburge - Frank Sawyers Killer Bug - received

8- DarrellP - Partridge and Orange - received

9- psychoprince - Mini Zonker -received

10- troutguy - Darbee Two Feather - received

11- Dubs - received

12- flytire - Walt's Sexy Worm - received

Good. Been waiting for another swap to start. I ran a one material swap once so this one is twice as easy.

Nick

"Do not forget your toe tags, SASE and swap box with at least your screen name on it."

I assume a "toe tag" is a label of what the fly is attached to the fly. SASE is "self addressed stamped envelope" to get the swap flies back to us. I assume a swp box is the box the box the we sent to you with the flies we tied. And it gets used to send the other swappers flies back to us. 

Corrections?

Haven't sat at the bench at all lately, so I'm in, probably with a snowshoe emerger  #12/14/16 or so, unless I can come up with something else

1 hour ago, SilverCreek said:

"Do not forget your toe tags, SASE and swap box with at least your screen name on it."

I assume a "toe tag" is a label of what the fly is attached to the fly. SASE is "self addressed stamped envelope" to get the swap flies back to us. I assume a swp box is the box the box the we sent to you with the flies we tied. And it gets used to send the other swappers flies back to us. 

Corrections?

👃 - on the nose - all counts!

Kim

1 hour ago, fishingbobnelson said:

Two times the fun, I have just the pattern for this.  I'm in! 😎

So you are saying you have at least two DRY tying materials, Bob?! :) 

Kim

To Woodenlegs, vicrider, fishingbobnelson, niveker and John1986 thanks for joining the swap.  One more and this swap is officially a go.

Kim

2 hours ago, mkresio said:

Sign me up

You are in and welcome!

Kim

On 4/28/2021 at 1:32 PM, WWKimba said:

So you are saying you have at least two DRY tying materials, Bob?! :) 

Kim

Well, I think I have three or four hanging around.  Some of my stuff is still in boxes from the water leak.

Tying an black ant with what I've got...