Fly Tying
SBPatt

May Flies From the Vise

Last week's Bugs and Bourbon. Charlie boy hoppers size 10.

Hook, 2mm foam, rubber legs and deer hair. 

PHOTO_20210429_214026.jpg

DHH Caddis Emerger

51155258765_bcdc102bea_c.jpg

51154941214_13df0d3369_c.jpg

51154154386_7f38778dbc_c.jpg

51154386308_99153076eb_c.jpg

hook - Dai Riki 300 #10
thread - Danville 6/0 brown 
shuck - Starburst Dubbing tan
body - Ice Dub hare’s ear 
shoulder - hen grizzly
wing - Congo Hair white
collar - deer hair (loop dubbed)

Regards,
Scott

On 5/3/2021 at 5:39 AM, SBPatt said:

NQAM

51149542973_da5d35ce41_c.jpg

51150419545_666b11aa70_c.jpg

51150096219_c905e2fb40_c.jpg

Not quite a Muddler.

hook - Dai Riki 300 #10
thread - Uni 6/0 camel
tail - moose body
rib - tying thread
body - elk
head - deer hair (loop dubbed)
hackle - hen brown

Regards,
Scott

Very striking. Looks Japanese style wise. How would this ride, I don’t know the words to describe, is it a floater, sinker or neutral. I only fish for panfish and pickerel and I see this as a hot item in certain environments of the lakes I fish. 
As artistic as well as utilitarian. 
Baron. 

Lefty's Deciever 2/0

Tied a few dozen for striper

20210503_164354.jpg

11 hours ago, Baron said:

How would this ride, I don’t know the words to describe, is it a floater, sinker or neutral. I only fish for panfish and pickerel and I see this as a hot item in certain environments of the lakes I fish. 

Thanks,

Haven’t fished it yet; need to see it on the water to determine if/how much I need to trim out underneath to make it ride properly.  With all the deer hair it should float for a while, although eventually it’ll probably soak up enough water that it sinks, at least somewhat.  I would think 1 pickerel would turn it into a blown dandelion in short order, but that would sure be fun to watch.

Regards,
Scott

Scott, you may be surprised. I hear it allot that toothy fish destroy flies but I've not seen it that way so far. Furthermore I soon lose all the flies I use and I'm fishing stumps and lily pads. Can you imagine being back in the deep water of a submerged stump field and weaving this through the Pads? Deadly I bet.

Don

My version of the Stayner Ducktail in 4x-12. Someone gifted me a bunch of Mallard and will be seeing some like these soon:

IMG_5023.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Baron said:

Stayner Ducktail 

Sweet! I bet the panfish tear those up!  Do you tie them bigger  and weighted for pickerel?

Thanks. I have not tied them larger but I’m sure they’d tie up nicely. I want to use more classic streamers and soft hackle flies and this design is a good start. If I tied larger I’d probably stay with wire Aberdeen style hooks and keep them light. My rigs are only 4 and 5 weights and I fish allot of lily pads. I don’t want them to sink very fast. 

Wow Flaytier. That is even simpler that the version I tied. And also it is much briefer. Thanks for the article. So when they say to use olive chenille for the body may I use olive dubbing Instead?  Two reasons: 1) I don’t currently have chenille that color and 2) I’ve been practicing dubbing, learning how to be less  clumpy and more consistent.  
I love this fly and am going out to try it now. Look up Lake Towhee. I’m the guy rowing around In the blue drift boat. 
thanks. 

A variety of flies destined for my local river.  Brought the Renzetti up as primary vice for the new space.

Squirrel tailed buggers, Weighted GRHE,  Zonker streamers, F flies.

Results in Fish Pictures

20210505_105609.jpg

20210426_084156.jpg

20210426_084216.jpg

20210504_100054.jpg

20210504_100107.jpg

20210504_102113.jpg

20210505_105439.jpg

21 minutes ago, Baron said:

Wow Flaytier. That is even simpler that the version I tied. And also it is much briefer. Thanks for the article. So when they say to use olive chenille for the body may I use olive dubbing Instead?  Two reasons: 1) I don’t currently have chenille that color and 2) I’ve been practicing dubbing, learning how to be less  clumpy and more consistent.  
I love this fly and am going out to try it now. Look up Lake Towhee. I’m the guy rowing around In the blue drift boat. 
thanks. 

its flytire

sure you can use olive dubbing or even olive yarn