Fly Tying
caughtonlures*com

What do you do while tying

I was thing about something today while at the bench. What gets you going in creative mode? For me it is listening to the hardcore rock of Eminem and Kid Rock. Since working for the cable company has brought the benefit of free cable to my detached fly tying room in the garage, I also am blessed with full cable benefits as well.

Do you watch television while tying? Listen to the radio, or do you just meditate in a pattern book at the bench?

Also, what are your favorite programs while tying or what type of music gets the creative juices flowing?

Just curious.

Nicholas

I listen to tunes, and burn music. I also spend alot of time listening to radio in UK and other parts of the world.

Looking at a photo of an insect that fish eat gets me fired up. I print the pic in color, set it close to my vise and just start trying to copy it. I usually like it quiet when I'm tying because I find this time very relaxing. I'm lucky I don't get grief from the old lady when tying evenings. But if there's things that need working on around the house I know better than to spend a full weekend day tying. I like to listen to Metalica, real loud, and do that when I'm driving, or I'll wake up my son, and get a ration of s%&@.

Gilley,

Are you a fellow shortwave buff? If so, what kind of radio do you listen on?

Dave

Gilley,

Are you a fellow shortwave buff? If so, what kind of radio do you listen on?

Dave

Tonight. A little Beck and Smashing Pumpkins headbang.gif

I also have a habit of checking for new posts on the forum between each fly....I usually don't get much achomplished laugh.gif

I usually work on the computer, look up patterns, browse websites, most of the time I'm lost in the pattern and tune everything else out.

I look through reference books and get some inspiration, then pop in a CD (Zappa of course) and let it rip.