Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

No such thing as too many Caddis Flies

Now this may just be a rumor but I heard that Woodenlegs sent flies to a Swapmeister 2 days before the swap was even listed!  Like I said, it was rumored!😉

Kim

4 minutes ago, WWKimba said:

Now this may just be a rumor but I heard that Woodenlegs sent flies to a Swapmeister 2 days before the swap was even listed!  Like I said, it was rumored!😉

Kim

He must have failed reading my mind before this one...😎

Flies packed and ready to drop off at the pony express tomorrow.  Now if I put the right swap box in the right envelope we are all set - if not your caddis flies will look an awful lot like Dr. D's stones!

Kim

One Dozen Kelly Gallop Butch Caddis prepped for sending out. Now in the hands of the USPS. Check PM with tracking.

20210607_092957.jpg

14 hours ago, fishingbobnelson said:

Our resident overachiever, WWKimba, sent three sets of flies.  Very nice little bugs Kim.

Bob, I'm not an overachiever - I can never make up my mind!

Kim

Okay, I think I'm digging too hard for off the wall ties. I worked hard on this version of the swimming caddis nymph and it definitely involves fitting a lot of material in a small area. These are tied on Firehole size 10 Green Caddis hooks. I added pheasant tail but for realism it probably shouldn't be there but this is an attractor pattern that trips a lot of triggers.

DSCF6357.JPG

DSCF6358.JPG

DSCF6359.JPG

DSCF6360.JPG