Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

No such thing as too many Caddis Flies

I just sent you over a PM Bob, mine are packaged up and ready to send your way and should be arriving at the buzzer. I am excited for this set of flies from the talented tiers in this group; psychoprince and  troutguy  just to name a few- these guys have skills. 

Got Darrell P's X Caddis and atxdiscgolfer's Cased Caddis today, great looking flies.  We have three no shows, I have sent them a PM asking what is the status of their flies. I will make a decision after I hear back from them about what to do.

This is why we don't have the number of swaps we used to have on the Forum.  Pisses me off that you can't tie 12 flies in 6 weeks and get them in the mail.  Thus endeth the rant for today!

So we have one drop out, one mailed today and one lost in the mail.  I will keep you posted, I will sort the ones I have and wait and see what arrives.

OK guys,

I am sorting flies this morning to take to the Post Office tomorrow.  We had one drop out and one no show, so everyone will get extra flies.  Pretty sure this is my last swap.  I really loved this Forum when I joined 10 years ago, there were new swaps almost every day.  Swaps filled in a matter of hours, not days.  In many cases I was able to return flies early as all the sets were in before the due date.  Waiting for flies, having to PM people to remind them of the due date, it's just not fun anymore.

I am thankful for all the real and virtual friends I have made here.  I wish you all days of great fishing and tying,

Tight Lines,

Bob

I'll miss your swaps Bob!  I love to do these swaps for the enjoyment and to keep me doing something other than getting in trouble.  I know that if it becomes more of a chore than an enjoyment I'll probably follow your lead as well.  Well, at least if that happens, you'll all know because my face will be on the wall of your local Post Office!!😉

You are always still welcome in any of my swaps anytime (I love to see your ties!).  Take care Bob and tight lines.

Kim

Bob thanks for all you do and I have enjoyed all of your swaps and the quality flies that you have contributed when you have participated in my swaps as well. As WWKimba stated you are welcome into any of my swaps I will have. 

Thank you, Bob, looking forward to them.  I appreciate the extra work you've done for this and many other swaps  in the past and am sorry to hear about your recent decision to stop hosting these swaps, and hope you may reconsider it the future.  Perhaps as the summer winds down I will try to partially fill those big shoes.   

Since it's your last swap one question - should I get these flies bronzed?  Just asking my friend!😉

Kim

After careful consideration I have decided to reject your resignation. You are too important to this forum to just let you go. Sorry.