Fly Tying
denduke

The GreatestGeneration

They were called the “GreatestGeneration”.   Sacrificed it all willingly to preserve a way of life from evil.   Will never see the likes of them again.  Reese and Walter Mathis, my Kathy’s uncle and father.  Walter was wounded in the Pacific and Reese was killed in France.  It sickens me......................................................undermine and destroy what was so dearly fought for to save by such brave men.

6A9BDE65-4684-4741-8F3C-E331AF0941A8.jpeg

0AEEFC16-CBF4-4239-9952-8593C44DB4F0.jpeg

71BD2DAF-1334-41E1-9520-B204E6A6816B.jpeg

At my 73 years, I can't understand why people are wanting to change the country to a system that has failed time and again. I look at my grandkids and ponder what kind of country they will see when they are grown. God bless America...again!

Adding- I recall my mother talking of the rationed goods. She said if you were in town and you saw a line, you got in the line, no matter what they might be giving out. Someone in the family or neighborhood could use it. My father told of a guy who became a minister so he could have an unlimited gas allowance.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:45 AM, skeet3t said:

At my 73 years, I can't understand why people are wanting to change the country to a system that has failed time and again.

Because they AREN'T 73 years old.

First, you take proper history lessons out of the school.

Second, you teach the children that everyone deserves a trophy just for "being you".

Last, you let those children out into the world and they expect actual life to be like school.  THEY'RE the ones who want "... to change the country to a system that has failed time and again." 

Mike, good points. Proper history tells it like it was/is. General W. T. Sherman was against the Emancipation Proclamation; can give reference if needed. He also advocated extermination of the Indians. BTW, the government made over 300 treaties with the Indians and broke everyone of them. A friend saw his great-grandaughter's hostory book. It devoted TWO whole pages to WWII.

Only problem, is that the history being taught in school now is being altered to skew the view of upcoming generations.  Was listening to the radio the other day where they were discussing the “new, updated” version of world war ll history, which they started with the bombing of Hiroshima, and the long term effects of that incident, while failing to mention Pearl Harbor, the systematic extermination of the Jews, or even barely any mention of Hitler.

Actually the war in the Pacific started with the invasion of China, Indo-china, et al. The oil embargo by FDR semed to stir up you-know-what. Yamamoto knew the industrial might of the US and was opposed to war with us. This is stated in Tora, Tora,Tora.

Trivia- An uncle was on a freighter loaded with scrap metal. Desination? Japan. Pearl Harbor was bombed and they were routed to Singapore.

My father was a WWII vet, while on Okinawa preparing to assault an air field he received word he was being discharged under the "only son" rule.  His father had passed as a result of the long term effects of having been gassed in the trenches of WW1.  My mother told the story that not long after Pearl Harbor she was so frightened by a large group of bombers passing over their family home that she hid in a shed.  She was not able to tell if they were "ours" or "theirs".   Terrifying days to live through for anyone.  The Greatest Generation had to face a better armed enemy of Nazis and fascist

(Content deleted to prevent arguments.  Mike)