Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

4 species in one day

So I wrap up the final day fishing at six lakes in Utah with an amazing day! I caught so many fish I couldn't believe it. Best of all, I caught the species I was going after, and an unexpected species as well. 4 total species in fact. Rainbow trout, brown trout, tiger trout, and a Bass. It was amazing! Best of all, these fish all are very athletic, jumping and pulling hard. Very fun to catch. I caught quite a few on the dry fly, and caught some on streamer and nymph as well. 

Even more than just catching lots of fish, I had a great time with Bob and his son Alex. Great guys, fun to hang out with and fish with. Alex cooked up some amazing food for the trip, and it was so peaceful being there with literally only us 3 the entire time. We had our pick of fishing all 6 lakes, and I did get to fish each one.

https://youtu.be/iqFejmmChQU

Sounds like a lot of fun. Cast and take bets on what will hit the fly.

8 minutes ago, skeet3t said:

Sounds like a lot of fun. Cast and take bets on what will hit the fly.

LOL!  For sure!  Thanks, yeah it was a blast!

13 hours ago, mikechell said:

Easier than catching sunfish !!!

Looks like a blast of a trip.

Yeah thanks, it really was fun!  Amazing fishing!  And even better fighting fish than I’ve ever caught.  These fish fight like tuna man.  It’s incredible!  I think it’s a specific strain of rainbow they get there that are just super fighters.  

3 hours ago, skeet3t said:

I thought tuna came in a can. Tiger trout is a cross between a brook trout and brown trout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_trout

Ever catch a tuna?  Albacore, bluefin, yellowfin?  Incredible fish to catch.  Will put your gear to the test!  

yes, they aren’t natural in the wild, I don’t think it can happen in the wild.  They are sterile also, so only stocked ones exist.  I know it’s not a creation of God but rather people, however I still wanted to catch one, and finally have.  

Not a saltwater fan. Did some when I lived in Queens, NY, 1962-65. Lived in NC and we chartered a boat out of Morehead City. Storms kept us offshore, so we trolled for king mackeral. Good eating.