Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BigCountry1986

Bead chain bug

Welcome.  The flies look deadly. What size are you tying them in?  Any weight other than the chain eyes?  I can tell the marabou tail, what's the other tailing material?

I want these to sink slow, so the bead chain is the only weight. They sink about 2 to 3 inches a second per my tests. The other tail ive been using and am fond of is synthetic hair. Wapsi and cabelas sells it as supreme hair. I use it on the back of a bream killer also for extra attraction. Almost all of these are tied on a size 10 or 12 nymph hook. 12 being most common.

20210608_174243.jpg

My complements on excellent flies. Lots of attention to detail so those on the leaves might fly away. I have tied with BHC but not the quality of yours. Also, great photos!

12 hours ago, BigCountry1986 said:

20210608_174243.jpg

I really like all the legs on this one.  The overall look is truly "buggy" and sunnies are going to tear it up.  Do you have a side and under view on this?

BigCypress TN or BigCypress FL? We have a place here in M’isipi called SkyLake, fishing/duck hunting, that has some very old trees!

27DBA0DA-AF9F-40D2-B3BB-5891A9896164.png

Big cypress national preserve in Fl. I live in central Florida, polk County. I do not have sides or under shots of the bream killer variant but can take some when i return home from my trip.