Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
richmce

ned rig fly swap

ned rig is a short 2 3/4 inch chunk of rubber on a mushroom jighead. the hook is a 90 degree bend so the hook shank is VERTICAL when it sits on the bottom.  my friends have  been slaying bass and big gills using them. so i tied up a fly tyers version and i think it works better. using a 1/0,or size one bare 90 degree hook i just secure a large dazl eye on the small shank by the eye.[ so the lead eye is the first thing to hit bottom ] then tie on your fav fly pattern. any bugger, tequelly, worm  craw,or minnow pattern will work.  i am looking for 4 tyers to do a personal swap . i will send you 2 and you send me 2. post up that your in and we can contact by private message.

I am familiar with a Ned Rig but would like to see your fly version of a Ned Rig. Any pics of the "Rich Rig" ?

I'm with gillage. I know the Ned Rig but want to see some versions of yours to have an idea what you're doing. Trying to visualize but just can't do it.

put on your thinking cap.  place dumbell eye on table   then stand a 90 degree hook with the  hook bend at the top and the short shank to eye resting on table .will try toget a photo

had my daughter take a few pics .  forwarded them to mike . all the flies have had at least half dozen fish.

20210629_200208.jpg

20210629_200229.jpg

20210629_200234.jpg

thanks mike.  i am really enjoying fishing these. i fish a pond that is  10 ftdeep. so i have a 9-10 ft leader..  cast out and just let it drop,if it doesnt go sideways before hitting bottom. let it sit for a minute and pop it up , repeat.

the gray worm is yarn bee cozy occasion yarn[michaels]  , black one is cloud 9 yarn, thick bodied one is hareline life flex with craft hair tail.  now you can see that any woolly bugger pattern could be tied this way, even small craws to fish deep.    so back to the swap i can swap individually 2 flies  for two flies  up to 4 tyers or we can do a regular group swap of 10