Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

10' 3wt nymphing rod

I like that color also, maybe with slightly darker wraps in a brown.

ABSOLUTLY loving my rod BTW, I see what you meant by being a faster action, very tight loops, punches through the wind great.

I have been mentioning Midwest customs on a few boards, might be one of the reasons for the ears ringing....I have it too...I know its a bad joke brotha. Keep up the Great work!

It is a rather nice color combo! Your on a roll with the 10’ 3WT sales. What’s driving the demand for this rod?

12 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

It is a rather nice color combo! Your on a roll with the 10’ 3WT sales. What’s driving the demand for this rod?

Basically it's the popularity of the whole euro nymph craze, plus the price I offer on these. It's hard to find a good euro rod for under $300 these days. There's a group on facebook that has close to 100,000 fly fisherman in it. So about 3 times per year I will run a sale on these euro rods in that group for $150. I usually get so many orders from them when I do it that I have to limit it to 10 guys at a time just so I still have time for my other normal rod customers.

2 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Basically it's the popularity of the whole euro nymph craze, plus the price I offer on these. It's hard to find a good euro rod for under $300 these days. There's a group on facebook that has close to 100,000 fly fisherman in it. So about 3 times per year I will run a sale on these euro rods in that group for $150. I usually get so many orders from them when I do it that I have to limit it to 10 guys at a time just so I still have time for my other normal rod customers.

Need some help? I'm retired for the most part.😉

Had a rod just like this arrive at my house today, fantastic. Already put it together and dry tested in a rain downpour.  Works well in the yard....lol

40 minutes ago, Fry Flier said:

Had a rod just like this arrive at my house today, fantastic. Already put it together and dry tested in a rain downpour.  Works well in the yard....lol

You might hook up with a grass carp.

Good to hear Gary. Except for the rain. That seems to be going around lately. The whole month of June we needed rain bad but never got it, now the past 10 days it won't stop. I was doing some shopping yesterday with my Mom to get her groceries for the week and we got caught in probably one of the hardest wind/rain storms I have seen in years. Had to be 60+mph wind and absolute torrential rains that flooded Walmart parking lot in less than 10 mins. Just nuts.

19 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

.............Uhg!

😄

Don't knock it until you have hooked one on the skinny stick. Got it on my to-do list for this year.

3 hours ago, skeet3t said:

Don't knock it until you have hooked one on the skinny stick. Got it on my to-do list for this year.

What's on your list...the yard? lol I was saying uhg because of the "grass" carp. But if you really want to catch a weed in your yard more power to ya 😄