Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
salmobytes

Pott Sticker

On 7/6/2021 at 3:13 PM, skeet3t said:

This is probably been done, but have you cleaned the lens? Fuzzy pictures- are you shooting freehand or with a tripod or monopod?

Same camera that was taking good pictures when new, now takes crappy pictures.  I try tripod shots, hand held, bright sunshine (worst, since it washes out the picture), shade, incandescent lamps, florescent light ... and yes, I've cleaned the tiny lens with a proper camera lens cloth.

This is the third camera since my GOOD cheap one died.  I've still spent less than $100.00 on them, but I'm getting to the point that I suppose I should've paid more to begin with.  Now that I have that much wrapped up in crappy ones, I'm hesitant to buy anything.

Wife's phone takes better pictures, so I'll probably just have her take pictures I need to have.

Shooting in the sun- do you adjust for various conditions as bright and sunny, cloudy, shade, etc.?

shooting in sun?  

I'm not sure who you are asking.  If you shoot jpeg white balance and exposure are critical  

All that stuff is less important if you shoot in raw mode and then use image editing software to make the jpeg manually, instead of letting the camera do it robotically 

Lightroom and Photoshop are as good as it gets. But expensive. I use Darktable and Gimp   Mostly Darktable  Both are free 

On 7/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, Sandan said:

I'm heading up there this Saturday for a week, I'll let you know.

FYI: Silver Creek

https://localnews8.com/news/idaho/2021/07/05/silver-creek-preserve-closed-to-fishing-due-to-heat/

PT/TB