Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Copcheck

Military Freestyle Flies

Hello everyone.  I had a chat today with my great friend George K (SalarMan), and he told me about this new forum that started here.  George is not only a great friend, he's also one of the best human beings on the planet.

I'm a John McLain disciple and close friend of his.  He's help me for years and given me advice and feedback on my tying.  If I can be a resource and answer questions here, I'd love to help.

Due to work , I haven't tied much over the past year but I'm anxious to get back at it.  In the meantime, I thought I'd post some of my favorite flies that I've tied.

My brother is a retired Army (Green Beret) Major and I tied some flies for him that reflect his career achievements. 

I don't like giving unsolicited advice, but I will with the topic of freestyle and artistic fly tying; there are no rules!

Take care,

Jon

Bronze Star.jpg

US Army.jpg

US Flag.jpg

Purple_Heart.jpg

Jon, 

Welcome. I have to agree George is a wonderful human being. (Not saying the rest of you all here aren't) He's helped me quite a bit and also turned me on the Mr. McClain who is also a great guy. I'm really digging what you're tying.

Sandan

You guys are making me blush😎

Great to see your work here my friend. Beautiful stuff as always. Your talent never fails to amaze and impress me....

1 hour ago, SalarMan said:

You guys are making me blush😎

Great to see your work here my friend. Beautiful stuff as always. Your talent never fails to amaze and impress me....

Now your hats will fit nice and snugly