Fly Tying
WWKimba

Karate Kid Swap - Swap Closed, flies mailed

"The crane technique has no defense if done properly." - Mr. Miyagi

Now let's see if your crane fly patterns have no defense!  The crane fly is an oft forgotten fish food.  Either it's long and wispy adult or it's chunky underwater version are fine items that the fish will eat.

Here's the rules for the swap - any crane fly pattern is welcome - either wet or dry patterns.  Sign-up is limited to the first 12 registarants and ALL LEVEL tyers are most welcome to join.  If you are a new to tying flies and/or this is your first swap please PM me and let me know - I am most happy to address any of your questions/concerns.  I am retired and check the site at least once daily, so you should get a response from me within 24 hours in most cases

Registration will run until 8/1/2021 and flies are due to me by 8/30/2021.  As always please include toe tags on your flies that include at least your screen handle and the name of your pattern, your swap box (with your screen handle), and a SASE.  Please include the name of your pattern choice when you register (or as soon as possible afterwards).  I (the Swapmeister) reserve the right to deny a pattern if at's already been taken by someone else - we all DO NOT want to see 4 different versions of the Mop Fly pattern!🙄

If, for any reason, there are less than 6 people registered by 8/1 a descion will be made at that time to extend the registration date or cancel the swap.

As always please keep in touch with me if there are any questions/concerns/unanticipated challenges.  And, most importantly, as with all my swaps, please have FUN!

Kim

1- Noahguide - Icabod Cranes - received

2- Woodenlegs - Adult Dry received

3- psychoprince - Gypsy King Crane Fly - received

4- John1986 - Theo's Banana Split Cranefly Larva - received

5- fishingbobnelson - Oyster Yarn Crane Fly Larva received

6- vicrider - received

7- --- last minute drop/no show ---

8- danthebugman - The Daniel-san - received

I'll Play.  Planning on a McPhail CDC Daddy.  I'll let you know for sure this weekend after I look over some patterns and see what materials I have on hand.

spacer.pngSign me up!!!!!!

thanks

Pattern daddy long legs

488D7C15-B63B-4C02-8ECA-1B7B127F3F9B.jpeg

Flies have flown the coop. 
tracking # 9500110870771200342768

Edited by Woodenlegs
Add photo of first fly

8 hours ago, psychoprince said:

I’ll be attempting to tie up a pattern I found called a gypsy king crane fly!

Got it.

5 hours ago, dogfacedoc said:

c'mon, no waxworms?!

Is that you raising your hand for this swap doc?

45 minutes ago, dogfacedoc said:

Nah, I've got too much going on this summer!

No problem!  Get you next time.

Kim

I'll get in. With grand daughters in tying room I don't get as much time but if worse comes to worse you can always do a pupa.