Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

BWO/Sulphur Swap

Just sent over address Mikemac1; some quality looking flies there. I am at beach house for the weekend so if I dont respond to anyone quick enough then I will respond on Monday. 

The good and the bad. Tied up some #14 Amber Sallys with CDQ tails, Amber dubbing, Grizzly hackle wings, Dark Dun hackle collar. Those went fine and will ride high on the surface. Got out some #20 hooks I'd gotten in a bulk purchase some time ago and hadn't used yet. Tied one fly with paint brush tails, dark olive thread tapered body and blue CDC similar to Woodenlegs pic. These should ride in the film like a good BWO emerger should. Got one done in bin. Got another done in bin. Working on third and twisted a little. Hook broke. Tossed it started another and purposely gave it a little twist. Hook broke. Took out another sure enough, the hooks are so brittle they break. Could just picture someone hooking a personal best and bringing in a broken hook. I know I have some good 20s or 22s somewhere in mess and will dig them out. No way I'd send questionable hooks on a swap just in case someone actually uses one of my flies.

@atxdiscgolfer, PM me your addy please.

Sulphurs(PMDS) are done. Size 16 Quigley cripples. 

BWOs almost done. A BWO variation on Antonio's quill midge emerger. Pics to follow later.