Fly Tying
Poopdeck

Podcasts

Yes, I do believe Podcasts originated with the iPod. You used to have to go in to iTunes, search for whatever podcast you wanted and download it. Then it would sync to your iPod when you connected it to your computer. You could set it up so that iTunes would download new episodes and any time you connect your device, the new episodes would sync to it. Now, I think the name has just stuck but there are many different platforms that allow you to listen to podcasts. As others said, its basically talk radio but episodes are pre-recorded and you can go ahead and listen to the backlog whenever you want. 

I listen to a lot of podcasts since I drive a lot for my job. I really like them.

I've never listened to a podcast before, but after reading through this thread, I think I will start.  

Yes radio personalities podcast but the overwhelming vast majority of pod casts are non radio and television personalities. I listen to a lot of sports podcasts that are done by sports writers and plain old sports fans alike. just like YouTube videos, there re plenty of podcasts that are horrible. In fact there are more horrible than not because anybody can do them, except Mike because he has a flip phone. 

The Tom rosenbauer podcast is a winner when I’m out for a couple hours and I’ve exhausted all my regulars. I hope others will give it a listen and let me know what they think or if there is a better one out there. 

😏 If I WAS to do a podcast ... it would be so good, they'd just shut down everyone else's.

For now, I'll leave it to all the amateurs out there.

I'm a fan in general of Tom Rosenbauer.  I've listened to his podcast and seen many of his vids, all of which is produced through Orvis.  Like someone on here said It's really nice they're not just a  giant commercial for Orvis but are really geared towards educating fly anglers new and experienced.