Fly Tying
DarrellP

Classic Steelhead/Salmon fly swap- mailed out

I am back from Elk hunting and ready to host another swap. (The Elk are safe, none in bow range)

Classic hair wing, feather wing or Spey type fly.  Due in 6 weeks, October 25th.

Mail with self addressed stamped envelope in suitable return container .  Small poly bags for your flies are fine, if you like.  First 12 participants. 

Mail to

Dr. Darrell Phillips 

7890 NW Westside Rd 

Carlton, OR 97111

1. Stabgnid RECEIVED 

2. Johnw1986  RECEIVED 

3. Atxdiscgolfer

4. Vicrider RECEIVED 

5. Hopperfisher  RECEIVED 

6.  Noahguide RECEIVED 

Hi guys, I'd like to participate. This will be my first swap...question...I read the rules and such, pretty straight forward...but are we tying one fly to send or is there a recommended number?

I have hosted several of these so I will advise; If there is 12 people in the swap then you tie 12 flies and you dont get your own pattern back. Include self addressed stamped envelope for return postage. 

Hopperfisher, I sent you a PM that covers the swap practices. It can seem a bit tricky at first but hope you get in here and add to our regular swappers in the future.

Nick

I consider this a go.  If no more sign, or less than 7, vicrider and I will tie 2 sets.   Anyone else who wants to tie two sets please do so.

492d50d1e22c5405131ca080ea89c9cc.png

Hopper, you're like I used to be. Jump on a swap and have them tied in a day or two. Not so much anymore. Couple last night, couple tonight, and I have 7 tied and will have to change pattern no matter how many get in since that used up the material for the first 7. I got in the "No Chicken" swap and have 3 tied for that but not happy with them so may go in my box and take a different path on that one. It's gotten hard for me tie a single pattern for any length of time anymore. Now my wandering old mind thinks, "Gee, if I doodle with this and diddle with that it'll really make a neat new pattern". 'Course, there are no new patterns, only variations of what's already out there but it's fun just swap around material and see what it looks like at the end. Very few things you can do a bluegill won't eat it and there's always the Xacto there ready to clean it if need be.

Agreed! My mind wanders like crazy at the vise. This was actually very good for me as it forced me to focus and tie a  1/2 dozen of the same pattern in one sitting. I don't think I've ever done that! Hopefully this swap will stay small so I can do it again on a second set! I'm going super classic, with a bit of "doodle" and "diddle"...naturally 😉😉😄