Fly Tying
DarrellP

Seems quiet

Is everyone fishing and hunting?  Football and baseball?   It seems quiet on the forum.  I was gone for a month and now it seems to have lost its liveliness.  Am I wrong? 

I have been doing a lot of tying lately, but not much posting of these flies.  I don't hunt, and fishing will wait until it cools off some.  There is always something getting in my way., like lawn mowing, or should I say weed mowing. 

Pretty much normal like always far as activity goes per daily/weekly (going by site usage activity info). With that said, late summer usually is the slowest time of the year for the site. People getting in their last summer trips, school starting for the kids, getting ready for fall sports like hunting and such.

Like every forum I think it has slowed down a bit. A lot of guys went to Facebook where it’s limited to no discussion but you can collect thumbs ups and “likes.” Some people just can’t handle discussions. To each their own. 

I had not been on here in awhile, too many other things going on. It seems to be about normal, but I think most fishing forums I frequented over the years, slowed this time of year as folks get into the various other sports and hunting seasons. 

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

Like every forum I think it has slowed down a bit. A lot of guys went to Facebook where it’s limited to no discussion but you can collect thumbs ups and “likes.” Some people just can’t handle discussions. To each their own. 

👍👍

I like it like this, personally.  I don't have to sift through a few hundred comments to find some from people I WANT to hear from.  I'm sure there are those of you who want a smokin' fast chat room type experience ... but I'm just not into that.

Been busy with life and a family issue, have not tied or fished in a while. I miss this forum and with my situation I don't have access to the internet until I return home on occasion. I have considered a smart phone but I would rather not be connected to the rest of the world. Expecting everything to return to normal in October. 

i apologize for not posting 15 times a day but with my father in a nursing home and trying to get him back home, that is actually more important than posting on forums

38 minutes ago, flytire said:

i apologize for not posting 15 times a day but with my father in a nursing home and trying to get him back home, that is actually more important than posting on forums

We understand. Hope everything works out for getting Dad back home. Looking forward to your posts later.