Fly Tying
WWKimba

Ain't I Attractive Swap - Flies mailed/Swap Closed

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ONE week left to get your flies in!

I look forward to seeing your ties!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FishingBob, I got your flies in the mail with your typical fantastic work.  Thanks.

Kim

Some Blobs were found attacking my mailbox right after I came back from the post sending my flies to your swap!  Nice ties Dr. D!

Kim

The blob is proof stocked trout are released into wild waters with no concept of what food is. If you tie it in brown or tan you can say it represents hatchery pellets but if you tie in the popular orange or bright red what does that represent? Any person who says they'd never fish a blob fly better not be caught with mop flies in their box.

Nick

Had some Adam's Ants crawling around inside my mailbox!  Must haved wanted to stay warm!  Nice ties psychoprince!

Kim

On 1/12/2022 at 4:08 PM, vicrider said:

The blob is proof stocked trout are released into wild waters with no concept of what food is. If you tie it in brown or tan you can say it represents hatchery pellets but if you tie in the popular orange or bright red what does that represent? Any person who says they'd never fish a blob fly better not be caught with mop flies in their box.

Nick

Who knows why fish bite a blob.  I think they see a bright thing go by and hit it.

Hatchery trout will adapt to the natural food as they are deprived of hatchery food. The trout in the Hiwassee River soon learn to eat what is present in the water. When the blue back herring die off about this time, they look like footballs with fins.

Flies are all in and will go out in Tuesday's mail (Monday is a holiday).  I'll PM you your USPS tracking numbers then.  I Thank youall for hanging with me during this challenging swap!

Kim

Flies dropped in the mail today - the weather got in the way on Tuesday.  I think that you'll like the ties this time around - a nice variety.  Your PO tacking # are being PM'd to you now.  BTW, a couple of your envelopes already had tracking number BUT my PO had to put a new one on your envelopes.

Kim

Got an awesome set of flies yesterday!  Thanks to all swappers.  Kim thanks for hosting and all the extras. I will certainly put them to use.

Tim

Got a great box of flies in my mail box yesterday too.  Thanks Kim for hosting and thanks to all the tyers.  Some of these are headed to the Eastern Sierra in the Spring!