Fly Tying
WWKimba

Ain't I Attractive Swap - Flies mailed/Swap Closed

Flies got brought home today. Hate to admit only a cursory look at them but will really examine tomorrow (or later today actually). Without looking I know the quality is high and some are going in trout box and some in miscellaneous box for panfish I'm sure.

Nick

Received the flies yesterday.  They look great.  Thanks everyone for the great flies and also Kim for hosting and the extras.  How did you know I have been looking at tying with microfibbets 😁.

I have my

8 hours ago, Swmalone said:

Received the flies yesterday.  They look great.  Thanks everyone for the great flies and also Kim for hosting and the extras.  How did you know I have been looking at tying with microfibbets 😁.

I have my sources!😎

Kim

14 hours ago, Woodenlegs said:

down with Covid in quarantine

Hope you're doing okay. 

In the past 2 weeks, 4 members of my family have tested positive, with only one having any symptoms other than slight congestion/cough and, strangely enough, a loss of taste, with the worst saying she just felt like she was badly hung over for a few days.     

Glad you guys are doing better!  Please keep you and your families safe!

Kim

My package landed earlier this week. Finally got caught up on grading and got a chance to open it up. Some good looking flies in there. Can't wait to tie them on.

Since you all talk of Covid my wife was in hospital in OK City for minor stroke (is there such a thing). I went down and spent the night in the hospital with her and all the staff coming in and out. Brought her home next day then spent three days with the worst cough up congestion I've ever had. With COPD I don't need that and instead of the occasional oxy I use I was on it steady for those three days. Broke the fourth day and recovered slowly over next several days. Years ago I had a sinus infection that cost me my sense of smell for about a month or more. That's terrible in some ways, not so bad in others. Ruins taste of good food and if it hadn't been for daughter visiting I would have cooked pork chops way past the time they should have been eaten but smelled fine to me. It came back and the recent Covid bout with the Omnichron that's rampant in OK City didn't effect that at all. I'm ready to fish and if in MN I'd be in my ice house now.

Well, I just got a call from the Transplant Clinic and I need to go in on Monday for another 2 shots - one in each arm for COVID!  This will be vaccinations 4 and 5.  I guess the IV meds I get every 4 weeks has shown to open me to some bad reactions should I get COVID.  BOY, do I just LOVE needles!!😖

Kim

5 hours ago, WWKimba said:

Well, I just got a call from the Transplant Clinic and I need to go in on Monday for another 2 shots - one in each arm for COVID!  This will be vaccinations 4 and 5.  I guess the IV meds I get every 4 weeks has shown to open me to some bad reactions should I get COVID.  BOY, do I just LOVE needles!!😖

Kim

Gee, I just shot in the right arm in the car (wife driving). Guess if I needed it in both arms I'd have to go on the motorcycle.

I haven't seen them in over a year (phone appointments only) so I asked if they were just trying to catch up!

Kim