Fly Tying
tctrout

Is Fly Tying Worth It?

I don't tie to save money! I tie to relax, enjoy to satisfy my need to make something I use myself! Can you save money, sure I guess! Again, that is not why I tie.

Several years ago my wife had a very aggressive cancer. I started tying 2 months before she was diagnosed. After that time, I tied to take my mind off her

cancer. It cleared my mind even for a few minutes! Also, I'm a guy that likes the latest equipment! I also built my tying station. I don't save money, but I guess

I could if I put my mind to it! Y'all have a Blessed weekend and Many Tight Lines! 

I was a program director at a Cub Scout Day camp and our theme was High Seas Adventure.  I had the kids make their own 6' bamboo cane poles and then followed with a fishing derby.  A lot of the kids had never fished before and we had quite a few pictures afterwards of them catching a fish on a rod that they made.  About a fourth of the kids and their families ended up having a picnic at the lake for dinner that night.

Is fly fishing worth it?  Well, we are all kids at heart aren't we?!

Kim

On 4/22/2022 at 7:32 PM, WWKimba said:

Is fly fishing worth it?  Well, we are all kids at heart aren't we?!

Kim

Totally