Fly Tying
mikechell

Steeldrifter

Steve posted up on Facebook today he's over the hump still pretty fatigued, his mom is in the hospital but his post sounded hopeful that she will be ok.

36 minutes ago, vicente said:

Steve posted up on Facebook today he's over the hump still pretty fatigued, his mom is in the hospital but his post sounded hopeful that she will be ok.

That encouraging, thanks.

I just got off the phone with Steve.

First, he's feeling better.  His "sick" feelings are past and his 8 to 10 day fever has broken.  All he's suffering from at this time is fatigue and "brain fog".  Both of those are symptoms a couple of my co-workers are dealing with even months after returning to work.  He's frustrated by the loss of "train-of-thought" linear thinking.  Completing a sentence is difficult ... the words just stop coming.  Very irritating to him.

Steve's mother is also doing better.  She is still in the hospital on an oxygen cannula ... not a ventilator.  If she's on her feet soon, they'll let her come home.  Hopefully, Steve will feel good enough to take care of her.

I told him of all the well wishes and prayers from this thread, and he is very grateful to everyone.  He's hoping he'll feel more like himself soon, and will be back online soon.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to pop on and say hi.

I appreciate all the concern. I am doing okay now. It was a really bad few weeks. I don't usually get sick, but because of about 80+hrs of being awake due to my insomnia issues, I think that was when I got real sick because my immune system just dropped.

Was a rough few weeks. I had 103f for about 8-10 days. I was to the point I couldnt get out of bed for a bid, really thought it may be the end of a good life to be honest😑

But I am feeling better now. I am not "sick" now, but I have extreme fatigue, and just this weird thinking issues, just cant explain, it makes me feel very weird though because I cant think of the words I want.

My Mom also has it and is in the hospital. Shes on day 5 of remdesivir (sp) and hopefully she comes home next week.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I am okay, better than I was. Just gonna take some time to get to normal again I guess.

Thanks Mike for letting everyone know how I am. I will tryin keep you all updated through Mike till I am 100% better.

Appreciate all the concern, you guys are all good friends, thanks.

16 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Hey everyone. I just wanted to pop on and say hi.

I appreciate all the concern. I am doing okay now. It was a really bad few weeks. I don't usually get sick, but because of about 80+hrs of being awake due to my insomnia issues, I think that was when I got real sick because my immune system just dropped.

Was a rough few weeks. I had 103f for about 8-10 days. I was to the point I couldnt get out of bed for a bid, really thought it may be the end of a good life to be honest😑

But I am feeling better now. I am not "sick" now, but I have extreme fatigue, and just this weird thinking issues, just cant explain, it makes me feel very weird though because I cant think of the words I want.

My Mom also has it and is in the hospital. Shes on day 5 of remdesivir (sp) and hopefully she comes home next week.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I am okay, better than I was. Just gonna take some time to get to normal again I guess.

Thanks Mike for letting everyone know how I am. I will tryin keep you all updated through Mike till I am 100% better.

Thanks for checking in, take care of yourself and Mom.

On 12/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, Steeldrifter said:

Steve I'm relieved to hear you and mom are doing better.   Hopefully the brain fog will ease quickly and you can get back to being you!

Mom is home. Came home yesterday. She's doing okay. I'm having to do everything for her and help her walk and get to the bathroom and all. But she feels okay and got some rest last night. Was really stressful yesterday because of the stupid hospital. Royal Oak Beaumont just plain sucks anymore. Troy Beaumont has been much much better than Royal Oak when we have had to take Bill (brother-in-law) for his issues (diabetic) we went to Troy, should have with Mom but just wasn't thinking when the ambulance took her. Anyway, Royal Oak sent her home with O2 tanks, said she would need them for a bit to get past this. But the tanks only last 4-5hrs. And they only give you two of them, then a company delivers full tanks. But it made no sense, how in the world am I supposed to get sleep myself or do anything when I have to change tanks every 4 hrs?

So I called the company that delivers the tanks, long story short they have an O2 compressor that plugs right into the wall and works 24/7. The guy that delivers the stuff brought it out and showed me how to set it up. You'd think the hospital would set all that up ahead of time, or at the VERY least, explain to her/us that there is a comperssor for home use and not stupid tanks that only last 4hrs each, but nope, they just sent her home and didn't explain any of that to us. That was just one of the  many issues with the hospital. Hospitals are just big money machines anymore that get ya in and kick ya out and don't take time to explain things or help people get set up properly when they are discharged.

I'm doing okay myself. Just still dealing with fatigue, confusion is much better though now at least, mentally I feel more like myself now, mornings are hard for me because it takes me a few hours to ever fully get active/moving. So just trying to do the best I can while taking care of Mom as well.