Fly Tying
Woodenlegs

Spanish Nymph - SWAP FULL

Thanks WL, that weird extra I stuck in there is the one I did for the attractor swap. I deviated a little from the basic design in that instead of a hotspot and black wing case I used the wing case to make a hot spot. I really think it will work if it gets in front of a hungry, feeding, half blind trout.

Like DarrellP, I don't tie this style, but should try something new.  And since I mostly catch hungry, feeding, half blind trout, I sure could use one of @vicrider's flies.  

I just ordered a some hooks and beads, so sign me up!

As to jig vs scud hooks, from my limited research on the perdigon patterns, I believe they were originally tied on the latter, so that's what I'm going with. 

47 minutes ago, niveker said:

And since I mostly catch hungry, feeding, half blind trout, I sure could use one of @vicrider's flies.  

🤣😄😁😆

23 hours ago, niveker said:

Like DarrellP, I don't tie this style, but should try something new.  And since I mostly catch hungry, feeding, half blind trout, I sure could use one of @vicrider's flies.  

I just ordered a some hooks and beads, so sign me up!

As to jig vs scud hooks, from my limited research on the perdigon patterns, I believe they were originally tied on the latter, so that's what I'm going with. 

Thanks for joining 

I’ll be happy to jump in, I’m full on jig nymphs these days, 

With a : 
Perdigon Spanish Nymph   (Davie McPhail style)

I am fairly new to this site, but I have done (Hosted and tied )many swaps over on the FAOL site and never missed a deadline or failed to complete a swap ;  ) 😀

TT

This has been fun.  I have learned some new things.  I bought some stuff, watched videos, etc.  My wife doesn't get why i am excited about the "little ole flies."

If you need another to join in to make it a full dozen I will be able to meet your February 1st deadline.  

Happy New Year to all.  

ready for toe tags and mailing

Fire-Starter-Dozen.jpg

Fire Starter Perigon

Hook – Sierra 3906BL or equivalent

Bead – Copper brass or tungsten

Weight – Lead free or lead wire

Thread – Orange

Tail – Coq de Leon feather fibers

Body – Copper holographic tinsel

Wing case – Black acrylic paint

Over coat – UV Resin