Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trouttramp

Dry+Dropper swap, WENT OUT 3/15/2022

PLEASE READ AND BE AWARE THIS IS A TWO FLY SWAP BEFORE SIGNING ON.
Hi,

How about DRY DROPPER swap?

This will be a two fly swap, one dry fly, one “sinking” fly. That would be DOUBLE  the amount of flys to be tied, you will send TWO flys to EACH tier in the  swap. So, before you sign on be aware, this swap is double the amount of tying required.
Examples: 

Chubby Chernobyl fly (dry fly) AND Copper John (sinking fly, dropper) etc…..

Looking for 10 tiers max, with 8 being the minimum.

flys Due by March 7

once swap is  a go, I will post my address.

All normal rules apply, suitable fly shipping container with postage paid return envelope, all flys must have a toe tag with tier’s Screen name minimum, recipe for the fly is recommended. If you want to make my job easier, add your screen name to the outside of the shipping envelope somewhere. This just helps me organize the return of the flys..not required… but nice to have.

Tier                                           Flys                                                                                 Date  Received 

1)Trouttramp                 Fat Albert + Wired body PT Nymph                                         -Done-

2)Byron Anderson         Madam X + dropper TBD                                                       02-02-2022

3)Woodenlegs                Hopper + dropper                                                                  02-06-2022

4)Vicrider                         Crackleback + tungsten wire #22 nymph                         02-14-2022

5)WWKimba                    October Caddis + Micro Chenille Caddis Nymph             02-17-2022

6)JohnW1986                  TBD                                                                                           02-08-2022

7)DarrellP                          Chernobyl ant + Pt

8-DogFacedDoc               Hopper + Girdle Bug                                                               02-12-2022

9)Psycoprince                  TBD                                                                                             03-07-2022

10)Northcaddis                TBD                                                                                             02-07-202

Thank you, let’s do this.

TROUTRTRAMP

Byron and Woodlegs your both in!

Great choices both. 

MadamX is a favorite of mine on a certain river in northern Idaho, and hopper droppers are a staple for me in the dog days of summer.

GREAT START!

TT

I'm in. Cheap black and red bobber for floater and red hook and red bead for dropper. Will sink faster without all those feathers on it. 

PS...TBD

27 minutes ago, vicrider said:

I'm in. Cheap black and red bobber for floater and red hook and red bead for dropper. Will sink faster without all those feathers on it. 

You don't actually need the bead. I've caught quite a few fish on a plain red hook.

I guess it's time to join another of your fine swaps, this time on this site!  I haven't checked my pattern database yet but I'm sure I can find two patterns!

Kim

Your in Doc!

looking forward to seeing  your versions of this combo.

Room for 2 more tiers, BUT:

THIS SWAP IS A GO!

START TYING,  let’s see if we can get this done early!

TT