Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trouttramp

Dry+Dropper swap, WENT OUT 3/15/2022

Mine will go out Monday also. Planned on them leaving already but an actual snow storm in OK and bitter cold (for us) weather has me hibernated until next week when we're in 50s and 60s again.

Will keep an eye out Doc.

North Caddis,   Received your flys today, well done! Thank you for the streamer flys, I am going to put them in a display with some other flys I have acquired.. far to much history for me to fish with. Did you hit by the blizzard  last week?

TK

Good to hear ! And not a problem when you just hang on to old flies for decades why not let a few go and have a new home. Yes been snowing here for a few days can’t keep up but it’s better than -40 c   everyday.

Got your flys John,  thanks for the extra “goodie”, it’s a work of art. I will add it to my display collection. 

Really cool little fat alberts. What did you use for leg material?

also:
Could I impose on you to elaborate on your dropper? I’ve never seen a pattern like it.

TT

The leg material is from a hank of silky cordage I found at a thrift store, the dropper is a disco midge pattern that I modified a little using sparkle tensile for the body

Got your flys Doc, 

Quality flys! SERIOUSLY, well done sir! You are a talented tier. 

I will toe tag ‘em for ya, and also send the swap flys back in a plastic container of some sort.

TT

I apologize for the extra work. I had meant to do that but slipped my mind as I was mailing a bunch of deer jerky to old army buddies. I'm just glad I didn't send them the flies and you jerky lol!

Flies I have a lot of. Deer jerky not so much though. Would have welcomed the mistake with no problem. Will need to have one of my deer slaying relatives get me a small deer again ( I have a lifetime hunt and fish license ) and take it in and have it processed, then jerk a lot of it. 

I don’t hunt anymore, don’t miss it all that much, BUT, I do miss the jerky, pepperoni and summer sausage.

One of my best memories is eating spicy garlic elk pepperoni and drinking ice cold Coors light at deer camp.

Good times.

Flies dropped in the mail today and USPS tracking # is 9500 1108 4511 2046 7300 76.  I bribed the ponies with an extra apple so you should get them soon!😀

Thanks for hosting a fine swap!

Kim