Fly Tying
DFoster

Trash- your doing it wrong.

I met up with some coworkers at a park and ride in Northern Connecticut yesterday.  I hate when people litter-

IMG_2467.thumb.JPG.03baee7ba0376c719fc68f78e26a94be.JPG

Well were you at least a good fly fisherman and pack it out even though it wasn't yours? 😅

Looks like the numbers are still on the hull. Shouldn't be too hard for the cops to find who he is.

3 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Well were you at least a good fly fisherman and pack it out even though it wasn't yours? 😅

Looks like the numbers are still on the hull. Shouldn't be too hard for the cops to find who he is.

I tend to think it was probably stolen because of the numbers.  Then again people do dumb things. I remember reading about a guy that tried to rip an ATM out of the ground with his truck.  When It didn't budge he drove off not realizing he left his bumper along with his license plate.  I believe alcohol may have been a factor-

3 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

I had mine fall off of the trailer one time too. It was very embarrassing.

Mark I tend to think any boat you own would be in slightly better condition -😄

1 minute ago, DFoster said:

I tend to think it was probably stolen because of the numbers.  Then again people do dumb things. I remember reading about a guy that tried to rip an ATM out of the ground with his truck.  When It didn't budge he drove off not realizing he left his bumper along with his license plate.  I believe alcohol may have been a factor-

Too funny, you're probably right, it must have been stolen.

1 minute ago, DFoster said:

Mark I tend to think any boat you own would be in slightly better condition -😄

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. I think everything I own is worth not abandoning it. The least of which, (or maybe the most) is the littering factor. I spent half a day on the ice last week just picking up the plastic spoilers from the bottoms of peoples cars that got knocked off by the too deep, crusty snow.

Definitely not stolen. That’s pretty common in my neck of the woods and not at all out of the ordinary. Old hunk of crap abandoned boat. Im pretty sure the numbers will come back to a deceased person who’s family wanted the boat out of the yard.  They dump the boat and reuse or sell the trailer since trailers aren’t matched to a boat. 

13 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Definitely not stolen. That’s pretty common in my neck of the woods and not at all out of the ordinary. Old hunk of crap abandoned boat. Im pretty sure the numbers will come back to a deceased person who’s family wanted the boat out of the yard.  They dump the boat and reuse or sell the trailer since trailers aren’t matched to a boat. 

That's really sad, especially here in the environmentally conscious (some would say insane) Northeast but I'll try not to let this destroy my confidence in my fellow citizens.

17 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. I think everything I own is worth not abandoning it. The least of which, (or maybe the most) is the littering factor. I spent half a day on the ice last week just picking up the plastic spoilers from the bottoms of peoples cars that got knocked off by the too deep, crusty snow.

Your welcome Mark.   I hate finding a beautiful area defaced with someone's trash.  Leave behind nothing but footprints as they say.

Some of our Trout Unlimited chapters have river and road cleanups. I was involved in one years ago. The next week you couldn't tell anything had been done! I did get a great 500K spotlight that someone dropped or tossed out. Plugs into the 12V outlet on the console.

We have a local WMA that is a magnet for trash, old furniture, etc.

It would have cost a few hundred dollars to dump that boat at the dump. Some people are simply dumb asses. In any event, it will eventually find its way to the dump. 

18 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

It would have cost a few hundred dollars to dump that boat at the dump. Some people are simply dumb asses. In any event, it will eventually find its way to the dump. 

We have a free place to put stuff like that. Usually someone else will bring it home. It'll be a yard ornament for a while and then end up back at the transfer station, or it'll be refurbished to a degree and used. Quite a bit of stuff stays out of the land fill that way.

Level it and plant flowers. Saw a toilet in a front yard that had flowers in it. Fodder for Jeff Foxworthy's red neck jokes.

12 hours ago, skeet3t said:

Level it and plant flowers. Saw a toilet in a front yard that had flowers in it. Fodder for Jeff Foxworthy's red neck jokes.

I kind'a always wondered about those people who think a toilet as a decoration in the front yard looks good- even with flowers.  It's the ole "you can put lipstick on a pig" thing...