Fly Tying
SalarMan

Taking A Break

Of late it seems as though I can't generate any serious interest to sit at the vise and do any tying. Happens from time to time I guess. Therefore I'm putting my "stuff" away for a spell and when the urge is upon me I'll get back into it.

Meanwhile I'll hang out and check on what's happening here from time to time.

Cheers,
George

1 hour ago, SalarMan said:

Of late it seems as though I can't generate any serious interest to sit at the vise and do any tying. Happens from time to time I guess. Therefore I'm putting my "stuff" away for a spell and when the urge is upon me I'll get back into it.

Meanwhile I'll hang out and check on what's happening here from time to time.

Cheers,
George

Enjoy your downtime  and hurry up back to the vise/vice?

The best thing to do when you lack the inspiration is to take a break. No point in forcing it. Enjoy yourself, no pressure.

Just the tyer's version of writer's block.

I'm certain before long I will say something like - whatcha doin' boy...tie some flies 😁😁😁

Then I'll be back at it and enjoying every moment as usual.

Thanks guys,
George

George as a 2nd job I've worked as a professional musician my entire adult life.  I inevitably reach plateaus in my playing and when that happens it just sucks the enjoyment right out of it.  Music becomes a malaise, just a way to pay for fly fishing stuff.   The only cure I know is to take a break.   Over my 45 years of gigging this has happened to me several times.   With the covid shut down I decided to take close to a year off - there was almost now where to play anyway.    I returned to music last fall with my mind refocused and I'm really enjoying playing live shows again.  I think your doing the right thing.   When inspiration hits I hope you'll find even more of a  reward out of fly tying than you did before, until then I will miss seeing your master works.  

I think it's normally called "Cabin Fever".  Spring will be here, soon, and you'll feel like your ol' self again!