Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Pujic

Bill's Extended Hellgramite

Wow! Now that is creative use of material.

LBG said it ! The fly looks great and it looks like you have been busy!

BFR

When I saw this fly, tied by Bill Skilton, at the International Symposia, I really liked it. It's dynamite on smallies and I caught some big trout with it as well. It's unbelieveable underwater. I dive and look at my ties in my pond out back to see how they look. This one is awesome.

Houdini,

I too met Bill at a fly show, only this one was in Toronto last Winter. He had a small tank setup with a few of his flies submerged. The marabou chenille really jumped out with the action it provided underwater. I can't wait to run into him again and pick up some more of his products. headbang.gif

Cheers,

Nick

Bill Skilton's Usa-Flies

P.O. Box 64

Boling Springs, PA 17007

That's all of the info I found on the package dunno.gif

I will likely see him again at the Toronto show, I'd be more than happy to pick some up for you if you'd like?

Nick

I met Bill at the Marlboro Fly Fishing Expo this Saturday. He's a really friendly and knowledgable guy. He does some very creative flies with foam too. I really liked the 3D frog bodies he creates with foam strips. There are a few shops that carry Bill's branded materials. See his web site: http://www.billskilton.com/

and go to the retailers page.

Cheers,

Michael

Pujic,

Thanks for this pattern. I order some of that marabou chenille on Wed. and got it today. I just tied up a few and threw one in the sink to check it out. Can't wait to fish this pattern. The action is unbelievable. If I wasn't so poor I'd send you some money for sharing this pattern. Thanks

Pennscreekrules,

I'm glad that you like the pattern. Bill is the one who deserves the credit for coming up with not only the pattern, but the material to make it all possible. Best of luck with these this season! headbang.gif

Nick

I went Niagra Falls once with my parents when I was a kid so that is the extent of great lakes fishing. But from what I see you guys posting for steel flys I had to (unknowingly) vote for Nymph/Egg, Everything all in one...and fish after fish....