Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher76544

White nymphs on Texas lake

Sorry, my cam is toast after several storms blew thru!!! bugeyes.gif

We where out on Belton lake(central Texas) and the White Bass were boiling the water after these nymphs. They are white in color, about an inch and a half in length. There was a Whitefly hatch this weekend, but can these be the same nymphs? The whiteflies are only about a quarter of an inch after they hatch? Any help would be appr!! biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Thanks, The White bass were shaking about 4 to 6 of these out of thier mouths when we got them into the boat. I was able to get them to strike a wooley bugger though. I had originally thought they were chasing the shad.

Oh man Lake Belton...that brings back some memories! I use to fish the tailwater section with dragon fly nymphs and would slaughter the white bass! Bluegills too. Look into the little section of water in Clifton if you are ever around there. Sandies, blues and channel catfish, and blackbass are just waiting for your fly. I also miss the area below Stillhouse.