Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
redband02

YNP -Firehole

I was on the Firehole last Wednesday and Thursday. Bank to bank water, slightly tea stained. Not much catching

Wednesday got on the water near Muleshoe Bend about 1 pm, very few bugs until around 6-7 pm when a few white millers started flying around. No fish rising to them though. At that time I got quite a few on BRF''s white miller soft hackle in faster water.

Thursday was fishing down from Nez Perce Ck, in the morning, got a few bumps and landed one very small rainbow. I was fishing with "Colorado Ranger Ken" . He wasn't doing any better than me. Just one small trout in hours of fishing for him.

Also saw a brassie colored stone fly, but very very few of them. A very few mayflys and some few white millers flying around One or two fish rising intermittently.

Strong thunderstorms moved in about 1 pm, rain not so heavy at times, lightning heavy at times. Got off the water and drove back to Whitehall MT in strong thunderstorms all the way