Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

Zlatna Panega River in the Summer

Hi, guys,

I was away for some weeks, I am sorry that I did not wrote so much time.

I made some unforgetable fishing days at different sides of Bulgaria.

I will tell you more about them and will begin with the Zlatna Panega Summer flyfishing, which we - Dimitar Kovachev, Vlado Getov, Stefan Tsolov and me, made last month.

Our biggest troutflyfishing river is realy hard for fishing through the summer months.

There are a lot of trees with their heavy leaves and you have to creep like a snake to get in to the river.

But finely we find our bodies in the cool carst waters full of trout.

Here Vlado shooted me, while I was admiring Dimitar, who was fighting a nice rainbow trout:

user posted image

Dimitar, who is actualy young in flyfishing, for hardly 4 seasons, was very passion in teaching the little secrets of fwonderfull sport. I will not go far if I say that he is really born to catch trout.

user posted image

We were fishing with my caddis nymps imitations:

user posted image

which trout seemed to like very much

user posted image

Vlado, who you know from some of mine stories, the biologist, who I sometimes compare with LaFontaine, caugth few rainbows too:

user posted image

He was very funny looking with those surf ecuipment, that he used instead, but that was not problem for him, may be the trout loved him much better.

user posted image

Everithing was ok that day and we hade a lot of joy there in the waters of Zlatna Panega River.

Best regards to everyone and see you soon with some of my last flyfishing days here in Bulgaria!

Rado

Guest Graham

Hey Rado, I just love looking at your trip pictures and reading your stories. Looks like you guys had a great time and your realistic caddis look like fish candy. Thanks for sharing.

Graham

Hi, Graham,

thanks for the kind words buddy!

Yes, when we are fishng in croud, everytime it is great fun.

Graham, that day I used a streamer I made just befor the trip, those Bunny bugger, as you told me, I cast it upstream with quick drag back. The effect was two rainbows and one browny. Thanks for that reference.

Best regards!

Rado

P.S. I will make soon some step-by-step pictures of flies and post them here on FTF.

Hey Rado, I'm glad you like the bunny bugger, even gladder the trout like them.

You should show your caddis in the realistic topics, they really are tasty looking.

Cheers,

Graham

QUOTE (Graham @ Aug 21 2005, 07:06 PM)
Hey Rado, I'm glad you like the bunny bugger, even gladder the trout like them.
You should show your caddis in the realistic topics, they really are tasty looking.
Cheers,
Graham

Hi, Graham,

I will post some flies step by step, and the caddis too.

Will start first with something very easy, but will open a new topic.

Best regards, buddy!

Rado