Fly Tying
flytyer

Tying Room

Rock Hopper,

You do not know German women. She is fatanical about cleanliness. I am in solitary upstairs. She will not even come upstairs until I clean up the mess. Maybe that is a good reason not to clean it up. You reckon.

I wonder what all of you will think when you see it clean??????? dunno.gif

Well dang, I finally found something messier than my bedroom, LOL. My isn't near that bad, but if you asked my mom she would tell you it's the messiest room in the world, I guess I need to let her see this room. biggrin.gif

Well, I guess you can show it to your Mom and show her that there is someone messier than you.

If you guys were smart, you could blackmail your wives and tell them look what it could look like.

I knew that my messy room would be good for something.

Okay, here's mine. I was gonna do this way back when this thread first started, but was having camera problems. It's in the attic.

post-2-1073076864.jpg

Underneath the table I keep most of my magazines, PA Angler, Fly Fisherman, Fly Tyer, In-Fisherman, and some oddballs.

post-2-1073077281.jpg

It looks great luvinbluegills the only thing I would change is I would have a more comfortable chair.

OSD.

You ain't kiddin'! After an hour, I'm having all kinds of pain in the... you know.

I've been experimenting with different stools and different types of chair. I like the height the stool gives me, but I need a softer landing pad!

On top of the tying side of the tables (There are two in an "L" shape) where the vice is, I have a piece of plexiglass cut to fit, and underneath this, I put various interesting pages from tying magazines. Makes a nice tabletop! (Next thing you know, you'll see this on "Trading Spaces"! biggrin.gif )

post-2-1073077604.jpg

have you had any problems with it being in the attic like insects?

i might just do that because we don't use our attic for anything but it isn't fished no floor or anything but that is an easy weekend of work for me and my dad

QUOTE (SDHflyfisher @ Jan 2 2004, 08:37 PM)
have you had any problems with it being in the attic like insects?
i might just do that because we don't use our attic for anything but it isn't fished no floor or anything but that is an easy weekend of work for me and my dad

I've actually been surprised that I haven't had any bug problems at all. During the Summer I usually leave a windo open for ventilation, and all year long there is at least one Housefly to deal with, but I have never found any bugs or eggs in my furs or feathers, not even the tails or hides I got from friends who hunt.

Lord willing, it'll stay that way!

Sorry guy's i realy screwed this one up, I will try later to post my fly tying area mess.

Joe

Hope I don't screw up this one, this is my sanctuary, because of my handicap there are days especaily in the winter when its almost impossible for me to get out, I spend a lot of time tying salt water flies, to maintain my sanity, off course being 80 has its drawbacks as well.

I enjoy this link very much and constantly loggon to see others handiwork.

user posted image

Not being computer smart, but I hope I did not screw up this time.

Joe