Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
wahl.flies

Superbowl beats?

I am orginal from Pittsbrugh, although i am not a big fan of the steelers i must follow the home team. However i do have a bet with a buddy from work that the steelers are going to win. I gave him 6 pionts and i took the steelers :o I got $50 on this bet and those damn steelers better not let me down :devil:

Anyone else betting on the big game?

I bet on anything you can bet on. High school basketball games, hockey, baseball, football it doesn't matter. I keep it to 5-10 bucks a bet, just to keep it friendly. I'm going seahawks with this one. I think my boy Hasselbeck, who I saw play high school ball, is going to overcome the hype. I think the Steelers are going to come in over confident, with Detroit supposedly being a "temporary Steelers Town". The seahawks are going to come out shooting, get to a early lead of say 10-14 points, pittsburgh will come back second half, make trhings interesting, but the final score will be a margin of less than 10 points in favor of the sehawks. Atleast thats the way I see things.

Cheers,

Mr. Jingles

Although I like the Steelers; I've got to bet on the Hometown team The SeaChickens...

I also think that the Steelheaders are going to come out over confident and the Seachickens will take advantage of that.. going to be a good game but, I'm planning on fishing too.

I'm indifferent. On one hand, I've always been a fan of the Steelers. Not die hard or anything, but I always cheer for 'em. On the other hand, a Kentucky boy is the NFL's MVP/Seahawks star running back (Shaun Alexander). I'm from Kentucky, BTW.

Actually, back in the early nineties he played for Boone County High School in Kentucky. They went to the state championship his senior year and played my High School alma mater, Trinity (Home of Brian Brohm and Michael Bush :headbang: ). He'd been getting 300-400 yards a game and we kept him at 92 yards. To this day he still talks about that game. He named one of his Daughters Trinity actually. Kinda cool if you were on that Trinity team. Stuffed the 2005 NFL MVP; not only that buy impacting him so much that he names his daughter after your alma mater!