Fly Tying

Hatches Magazine: Product Reviews(BETA)

Since we started Hatches a few months ago I have been brainstorming how we can get more product reviews. Recently I realized that every magazine out there has professional writers doing the reviews and personally I find myself wondering if they are unbiased reviews or an advertisement. Since Hatches is different than all the others I figured we needed a different approach so I have been custom coding an interactive product review section for the Hatches website.

My work is far from over but I thought I was at the point where I can give you a peek into what I am working on and it would be a good opportunity to get some feedback.

The first set of products that I chose was vises because with such a big investment it seems that more research goes into vises than any other item. Hopefully this feature will give good information from a broad range of perspectives and can narrow down the choices. I am still working on getting all the models into the system so if you dont see your vise in the list let me know and I will try to add it for you.

So if you can, please take a few minutes and write a review for some of the vises you have experience with. I want the good and bad qualities; be honest!!! http://hatchesmagazine.com/reviewCat/1

All comments, ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

I am still working on getting all the models into the system so if you dont see your vise in the list let me know and I will try to add it for you.

I guess that was my round about way of asking you to add the peak vise, and for some other owners with more money to spend than I have, the LAW vise :P

I screwed up on my review of the Danvise since I missed th star system the first time around. The second one has the starred rating.

As for Thompson, the D. H. Thompson company is no more. The company (Outdoor Adventures?) that took over their inventory is having only one of the models of their vises still manufactured. the rest is just replacements from the old thompson inventory (translation: when it's gone, IT'S GONE!). I still tie larger saltwater flies on my old Thompson Model A, using saltwater jaws. Will, do you want to include vises from a defunct company? (there are a lot of them out there, for sure).

Mark Delaney

I sent my review and got a message that the website could not be found, so I tried again and got the same message. So I gave up AND then noticed that I have two reviews showing :(

sorry

Mark, thanks for the feedback. I just made it mandatory to choose a rating so that doesn't happen to anybody else. I deleted your duplicate review.

caddis, I deleted your duplicate, not sure why you were getting a "website could not be found". Can you let me know what browser you are using?

The Regal has been added to the product list(thanks Daryn). Are there any others that should be included on the list?

I probably wont add the Thompsons because they are no longer available and I am still working on getting info for the Law vise.

We are up to 15 reviews so thanks to everyone who has participated so far. If this is going to be a legitimate feature we need alot more participation.

Hey Will can we expect to see some reels and other equiptment soon?, I would really like to see a floatant review. :dunno: