Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mikeq

Hi guys!

Hi guys!

The other day I picked up a pair of neoprene chest waders, 2 fly rods/reels/line(1 sierra okuma, and 1 older martin) and a fly tying kit that the vice sits inside of the wooden kit and 2 containers full of stuff for 40 bucks! Needless to say im hooked on fly tying! I just wanted to say hi to everyone! So Hi!

word of advice. CHUCK THE FLY TYING KIT!! You get low grade tools, and a vise that cant hold a hook, and probably wont rotate. Look in your local fly fishing shop, and see if they have a good beginners vise. If they tie there, they'll be sure to give you a great beginners vice. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Fly fishing and tying is a great hobby. Hope ya have fun with it.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

About the kit, i said it wrong! Its not a kit! When checked it cost $400 new, it is a regular set of tools with a vice that stands insite a wooden carrying case for on stream tying! Its not really a kit, I appologize for giving you the wrong opinion!