Fly Tying
cornmuse

The Lithuanian Bat

IPB Image

This is tied primarily to imitate a jig-n-pig. It certainly doesn't imitate anything that's alive. In the water the rabbit strip comes alive and this fly looks like something from another planet. Try this one on tough pre-spawn largemouth. The jig hook keeps the fly from snagging as you crawl it along the bottom.

I suspect, but haven't been able to prove, that this fly might just have a place in the flats kit for redfish. I know it works pretty darn well on lake carp! It's something to throw at those fish that act like they've seen it all. You can bet they haven't seen this. :dunno: :headbang:

The vide and step-by-step tying instructions are posted here.

See ya' on the water.

Joe C.

I like the look of that thing!!!! :headbang: It looks pretty easy to tie, too, which makes it double-more-gooder (a Mississippi technical term :P )!!

Thanks for sharing,

Terry

Lithuanian bats eh? It's been awhile, but I think I can find my stakes and garlic water in an old backpack under the stairs. Just point the way and I'll take care of the infestation one more time. Teach me to get all soft and comfy..... :ripped:

Nice fly by the way...... :D

Lithuanian bats eh? It's been awhile, but I think I can find my stakes and garlic water in an old backpack under the stairs.

:huh: I think that's for Transylvanian bats. The Lithuanian ones usually open social clubs and sit around drinking beer, don't they? :dunno:

Joe C.

Oops! That could explain the look of suprise on their....never mind. I love this pattern, I think it will work well on pike too. :)