Fly Tying
mozes

Your pet swap

How about a swap from your house pet "material"? Any pattern goes.

No, don't go killing gun_bandana.gif an inguana devil.gif for some nymph wing case. I will host this one if we get enough interest.

1. Mozes. Something from African Grey parrot.

post-24-1080358072.jpg

Are you serious? How long before the flies are due. If you give me some time, I might do somethin with some duck biots in it, depending on when they get feathers. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

I can do it. I had my parrot for 7 years and I'm am a natural born pack rat so I got a whole bunch of feathers saved up. I promise I WILL NOT pluck my bird! I think your ducks have waaaay to go until they start producing fly tying material, but I'm sure they will wink.gif .

I guess you could count me in (pending on the due-date). Will something in chocolate lab work? I've got one good Idea for a mayfly dry (trout pattern). Do the flies have to be tied entirely of pet fur/feathers, or do they just have to be included somewhere in the recipe? Give us the details and I'll let you know for sure.

Al

How about just one or more parts from your pet, as long there is something there. Any typeof fly will do.

I have a deep steel gray cat. I'm in.

This should be restricted to no more than twelve participants. That way, we don't run out of material to tie with!

Sounds good. No more than 12.

1. Mozes

2. SALMONATOR

3. millerwb

4. RoyChristie

5. DFix

Any more pet owners out there?

So far we have 5 pets willing to donate fly tying material wink.gif . I will give it another week and close the swap. How about the due date of May 15? Is this OK with everyone?

Thanks

Mozes

My wife has a poodle that I really would not mind sacrificing for this noble cause biggrin.gif

Not in yet ....trying to think of what I could do?

More Later